Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Been away from the hobby for a while

johninderby

I lost interest in the hobby for a while but have been getting the itch to start observing again. Will be moving shortly, that is if the solicitors get their collective fingers out.

Will probably treat myself to a new scope after the move. Something suitable for a typical light polluted subburban garden. Skymax 180 perhaps? Some research to be done on the subject I think first but looking forward to that. Who doesn't like looking for a new scope?

John

that is if the solicitors get their collective fingers out.

Less chance of that then a clear sky and stable atmosphere.

They seem to like making it stressful.

I think I had to basically threaten mine when I moved.

When i moved about 18 months ago, i swear i felt like dragging both my solicitor and their (buyers) solicitor into the same room and beating seven shades out of each of them (mine more so then theirs). Glad i dont plan to move again.............i really would not like to go through the legal wrangling ever again.

Welcome back John,

you had been conspicuous by you're absence. I had been thinking for quite a while that I had not seen you post. It sounds as though the break has been as good as a rest. Good to see you posting again and look forward to seeing what new optics you purchase :icon_biggrin: Hope the move goes well and you're skies improve to boot

John, a warm welcome back to SGL, you have been missed by a lot of people on here

solicitors, they can really do a good job at stalling a house move

will be interesting to see what new scope you get

Solicitors (the non-stargazing variety) really can be BLEEP can't they? No chains or mortgages involved so shouldn't take too long. Said with crossed fingers, arms, legs, eyes and everthing else I can think of. Ah banks......."Sorry sir but we can't increase your overdraft because you've sold your house". The logic of banks escapes me completely.

Looking forward to perusing dealer's websites and reviews in the hunt for the new scope.

John

Welcome back John :) Also good luckk with the move, I can empathise as I'm in the middle of moving myself. I'm sure after you're settled everyone on SGL will only be too happy to help you spend further money on a scope :)

Solicitors (the non-stargazing variety) really can be BLEEP can't they? No chains or mortgages involved so shouldn't take too long. Said with crossed fingers, arms, legs, eyes and everthing else I can think of. Ah banks......."Sorry sir but we can't increase your overdraft because you've sold your house". The logic of banks escapes me completely.

Looking forward to perusing dealer's websites and reviews in the hunt for the new scope.

John

I thought the fact that i was a cash buyer/seller (no mortgage on the house i sold and didnt need one on where i bought) ,no chain involved,would be fast. The whole shabang was held up for 3 months because the buyers of my house wouldn't commit til i have a couple of structural surveys done (which i had to pay for) and their mortgage was approved by the banks.

I lost interest in the hobby for a while but have been getting the itch to start observing again. Will be moving shortly, that is if the solicitors get their collective fingers out.

Will probably treat myself to a new scope after the move. Something suitable for a typical light polluted subburban garden. Skymax 180 perhaps? Some research to be done on the subject I think first but looking forward to that. Who doesn't like looking for a new scope?

John

John, do you still have any telescopes, i remember you built that lovely candy red and brass carton frac

The Red Carton is safe and well and living in the conservatory. :grin: Also still have a little Celestron 127 Mak on a SkyProdigy mount that I bought to see how well this self aligning tech worked.  Not sure if I'll keep it or not but the cash would go towards the new scope if I do.

Will be looking for something more compact but decent aperture that will sit nicely on  the SkyTee II mount. I'll have to start a thread on the subject and I'm sure there'll be plenty of suggestions on how to spend my money. :icon_biggrin:

John

TheRedOne_zpsvjkqrxfj.jpg

I thought the fact that i was a cash buyer/seller (no mortgage on the house i sold and didnt need one on where i bought) ,no chain involved,would be fast. The whole shabang was held up for 3 months because the buyers of my house wouldn't commit til i have a couple of structural surveys done (which i had to pay for) and their mortgage was approved by the banks.

Only three months?!

Been house hunting since June...... had an offer accepted on a house in mid July .... might exchange and move in by the end of Feb if it all goes through!!  :hmh:  :hmh:

Welcome back John, we moved 6 months ago and I think I have had two sessions since. It's not that I have lost interest in it but we have been so busy plus the weather has been poor but I hope to be back on it soon.

That scope I promised myself after the move seems as far away now as it ever has been though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived