Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL XI - Pitch Allocations

daz

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it all Dob people getting together there, or in fact everyone has a Dob?

:grin:

Don't worry, they just quarantine the mob in one place to keep everyone safe. Loads of other scopes there. Don't tell them but I'll be bringing a few fracs too :)

I keep my 12" dob next to my van at the star party. Even though it's smaller than the monsters pictured above, under the dark skies it, like all scopes, performs somewhat better than it does in the average back garden.

A few years back I just had a 6" scope at the star party but the views through it were as good as my 10" normally managed from home - we had a great time surfing from galaxy to galaxy :smiley:

The views through the really large aperture scopes are excellent but any aperture scope will shine under good skies and is well worth bringing along :smiley:

Pitch plan in post 1 updated...

Buzzard is now full, but camping spaces available in Hare and Kingfisher still

Hi Daz, thanks for that.  I'm looking forward to it.  Just to note my alias is incorrect on the list (although quite apt!).

Hi,

Just booked for Fri, Sat and Sun nights with curry and hog.

Requested HARE 58 with EHU, just noticed that it's been allocated to Nick, please will you reserve HARE 59 instead for me please.

Looking forward to it already.

Regards,

M

...and could you please book me into HARE 60?

Hi Daz, thanks for that.  I'm looking forward to it.  Just to note my alias is incorrect on the list (although quite apt!).

lol! Sorry Chris!! Took me 10 minutes of reading your name against what I put down! #shgtss :D

@David_L - done, sir.

Post 1 updated with latest plan

lol! Sorry Chris!! Took me 10 minutes of reading your name against what I put down! #shgtss :D

@David_L - done, sir.

Post 1 updated with latest plan

Thanks Daz - it was my first sgl party last year - had a great time (thanks to the organisers) and met some fantastic people :-)

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the insight.

Trust they have positioned themselves on the river bank to act as a levee in case of flooding.

It will be good to met up again. 

Incidentally, nice photo of you in the November S@N mag.

I am off to the Galloway Star Party in mid-November.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Daz,

As an aside, do you know if XXX in 112 is the guy with the Hill Climbing vehicle? It went out early on the Saturday morning nice and shiny and back caked in mud in the evening?

I spoke to the guy last year I think, he came across as interesting and he discussed the trialling scene that was being held locally.

Just a thought.....

Cheers

Adrian

Daz,

I may be right....

There is a meeting at How Caple Court which is just south of the campsite..

1. The Vintage Sports-Car Club will organise a Clubmans permit Car Trial on 14 /15 March 2015 based at How Caple Court, Herefordshire, HR1 4SX (OS Map 149/612306) 

Just a guess......

I may be right....

There is a meeting at How Caple Court which is just south of the campsite..

1. The Vintage Sports-Car Club will organise a Clubmans permit Car Trial on 14 /15 March 2015 based at How Caple Court, Herefordshire, HR1 4SX (OS Map 149/612306) 

Adrian, the star party is in 2016!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Daz. We're trying to book one of the wooden pods as we have a baby. We tried booking through the campsite but they told us even the pods are booked through FLO. Are there any left? If so how can we book it?

Thanks.

Dave.

All of the pitches were reserved for us but people needed to pay for them directly with the campsite rather than through FLO - I think they may all have been booked up now though.

Thanks Grant. Sadley they're all booked :( If anyone that has booked a pod but has to back out, please let me know as I'd love to take the booking over. I've been for the last two years and absolutely loved it. This year though we have a baby so a tent won't really be an option.

Dave.

Archived