Narrowband

SGL XI - Pitch Allocations

daz

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any update on pitch allocations?

It's still being worked on in the background and even once it has been 'finalised', the site may want to allocate you a different pitch when you arrive due to last minute issues. This doesn't happen often but is a possibility. The good news is that there are no 'bad' pitches. Lucksall is a very good site with great facilities and any of the pitches will be fine.

I don't think they would let you book if there wasn't any places left..

Not sure that's how it works, when I booked it said "payment of money is not a guarantee of a pitch".

I don't think FLO's website (where you do the payment) knows what pitches have been booked and how many are still available.

Hopefully there is going to be enough space for every-one who has booked.

Carole 

I doubt very much that FLO would be aware of places left or not, as nobody on the website has a clue of spaces available, if they were they would probably update the site plan?

I doubt very much somebody is updating the bookings and pitches nut just couldn't be bothered to update a little PDF of the sire plan...

Nobody is denying the running of the site or the good work of the Admin's.

But posting the 'It'll be okay on the day' with absolutely no knowledge of the fact is pointless.

FLO could have easily sold more tickets than hard standings or pitches as they're simply not being updated by anybody.

And that's not me getting upset with the site of any running of it, but due to real life and family problems for the Admin this stuff has not been done for 3months.

This is all a bit confusing at the mo as no body seems to have the overall picture with regard to who's pitched where and what, if any, pitches are still available. However, It all adds to the intrigue

If I manage to get a booking, this will be my first Star party ever. I bought my first scope last Spring, since then I have had an operation on each of my shoulders (one in March, the other in September), so my newt has not seen much use as erecting/dismantling it is quite painful and a bit dicey for the health of the scope. I still have problems with the shoulders and a further op pending but I'm hoping to be able (perhaps with some help from my new friends) to pitch my 4 man tent on a pitch with electric hookup in the area called "Hare". I am hoping to stay from the Wednesday through to the Monday morning. As well as booking both the curry and the hog roast.

I have looked at the pitch allocation pdf which suggests that there is still a pitch available in Hare but as that has not been updated for a long time it may not be correct. I have contacted Lucksall directly and spoke to a young lady who is still waiting for the latest list of names/ bookings to be sent through by Daz, so although she can't offer me a firm "yes" to my requested pitch, she has registered my interest, taken my details and will get back to me.

So, do I complete my booking process through the FLO booking page now and hope, or do I wait a bit longer before booking? HELP!

Hi BobSki,

Daz and Co have never failed anybody that I am aware of, in the time I have been going, at least in the last 7 or 8 years, so why would they start now?

Secondly, we do accommodate little green men from Mars!!!!

Yes, there are plenty of people who will be there to help you with your tent and scope on a Wednesday, provided you feed them Java Cakes....

Most attendees will be going home on Sunday as they have work on Monday.

There is usually a hardcore of us left on Monday morning, who can offer some assistance.

Based on the above, I would book up an electric pitch now, for one thing is certain if you don't book, they cannot allocate a pitch for you.

Finally, the people attending are friendly and easy to get on with, the atmosphere is very causal, and everybody is willing to help out.

It is a good star party to start with.....

The Hog Roast is very good and gives you a good chance of meeting everybody.

Trust the above helps.

Cheers

Adrian

Cheers Adrian,

I get the impression this is a great event and hope my post didn't come across as too critical, it wasn't meant to be but my smilies didn't show up in the post after I've done some research on Java Cakes LOL

I'll crack on with my intended booking and hope for the best.

All the best

Although I've booked late, & so I don't know where I'm supposed to pitch, but I'll be on hard standing, somewhere, with power ((hopefully), but I'll be there from Monday onwards, so I'll gladly help all those that need it....

BTW, don't forget your thermals\heaters etc. as it can get very cold and or wet :clouds2: ....

They usually close the booking a couple of weeks before SGL and have a sort out and post an updated pitch plan, then you can see where you are and what spaces are still available, I think this is then passed to Lucksall so you may then have to book space direct with the site possibly ?

Dave

Tent with electric hookup from Wednesday 9th to and including Sunday 13th booked, along with the hog roast and curry.

Scope coat from Green Witch also ordered.

Now all I have to do is decide on what to get to power my system.

Hi all,

Just wanted to give you an update on this - we have got the booking details up to date (including Daniel-K and Bobski who booked today) - we still have a few spaces (caravan and tent, hardstanding) left but are getting close to being full - if you are still thinking of booking, please do so as soon as possible and if you are concerned about making sure you get a pitch, please feel free to PM me first and I can confirm what's left.

Rather than post up an updated pitch plan here I will be sending the details across to Lucksall tomorrow so they can tweak any allocations first - as soon as I have confirmation from them I will post up peoples exact pitch allocation details. I don't want to post an updated plan tonight, if Lucksall then want to move a few people around I would rather wait a few more days and get it right.

It is highly likely if you were previously in Kingfisher or Oaks then you have been moved around - Lucksall have redeveloped both these areas, Kingfisher is now hardstanding suitable only for Caravans where as Oaks is a different type of hard standing with softer gravel suitable for either tents or caravans. Previously, we had tents in Kingfisher and Caravans in Oaks so have had to swap people around depending on the type of pitch they needed. We only found out about this pitch change yesterday so apologies to anybody who is affected but, as anybody who has been to Lucksall before know, all of the pitches are good sized, quality pitches and Lucksall have been working hard over the winter to ensure these are perfect for the new season.

Lucksall have also explained that this new type of hard standing pitch suitable for both caravans and tents uses a different gravel to the pitches last year - a smaller, softer, rounder shingle layer that will not damage the underside of your tent and is easy to put pegs into. It sounds like the ideal solution to ensure the pitches don't get chewed up in poor weather but still be comfortable for those of us in tents :)

We will also be changing the way bookings are done next year so that you will book directly with Lucksall - this should remove this issue of trying to allocate pitches and people getting moved around etc.. We will post further details as soon as possible but it is highly likely that you will be able to book your pitch for next year, whilst at this years star party.

I hope that puts peoples minds at ease - I will get the full pitch allocation plan up as soon as I hear back from Lucksall about any changes they want next week but rest assured, if you have booked, there will be a pitch waiting for you :)

Cheers,

Grant

Archived