Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL XI - Pitch Allocations

daz

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should we be worried that there are now multiple 'swampthings'? Sounds scary in the dark [emoji6]

There can be only one :)

No not at all... just look out for flying bricks...what is it about brickies and big dobs? :)

no idea why :grin: be nic to catch up with you as well scott, are you going to brecon ?

no brecon for me mike. Mum, err I mean the wife, won't let me :D. Things might change if work picks up a bit though

There can be only one :)

No not at all... just look out for flying bricks...what is it about brickies and big dobs? :)

no brecon for me mike. Mum, err I mean the wife, won't let me :D. Things might change if work picks up a bit though

thats a shame scott, hope things improve buddy would be nice to meet you again

I know its early days but wanted to say hi to everyone and fellow Buzzard campers, I believe I have been 'perched' between Barkis and Paul73.

I am pretty new to astronomy and have struggled to get much observing in, my garden is inner city and north facing so looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully getting some quality viewing/drinking in :smiley:

Will hopefully be there with the other half although convincing her to go camping mid August can often prove difficult...

Are we going to have to seperate the dob mob, and place each member in a seperate corner of the field?  Or would it be easier to place them all together, surround the whole area with and electric fence, "Danger of death, keep out" signs, and machine gun nests - pointing inwards?

Are we going to have to seperate the dob mob, and place each member in a seperate corner of the field?  Or would it be easier to place them all together, surround the whole area with and electric fence, "Danger of death, keep out" signs, and machine gun nests - pointing inwards?

Dark sky and a steady supply of beer should do the job.

Looking forward to it.

Paul

Well I'm just next door Matthew :smiley:

Thanks John let's hope the weather favours us I have some fond memories of our session at the last sgl star party I attended ( best Saturn I've seen ).I think we will have to have a session hunting some of the fainter NGC' ( my primary will have a fresh hi lux coating ready for the star party ).

Thanks John let's hope the weather favours us I have some fond memories of our session at the last sgl star party I attended ( best Saturn I've seen ).I think we will have to have a session hunting some of the fainter NGC' ( my primary will have a fresh hi lux coating ready for the star party ).

Sounds an excellent plan Matthew - I'm looking forward to it :smiley:

Are we going to have to seperate the dob mob, and place each member in a seperate corner of the field? Or would it be easier to place them all together, surround the whole area with and electric fence, "Danger of death, keep out" signs, and machine gun nests - pointing inwards?

Well we tend to hunt in packs and have some quite big guns pointing out [emoji48][emoji48]

9b402e60a09f7090284b1ada17906851.jpg

d355822008e104540186a9948340091d.jpg

Just throw Jaffa cakes and beer in to keep us under control [emoji12][emoji12]

i can just see my little white scope there stu :grin:

I think I shall be feeling quite inadequate this year, at least two lovely 18's and Steve's 20" there! Might get a look through my scope anyway [emoji6]

Lets hope Steve's got the Dew control kit up and running by then it's a shame seeing such a lovely scope "unused" because it's dewed up.... ;):)

Peter...

I'll bring a tea towel Peter. That'll buff it up nicely if it dews up [emoji6]

Archived