SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL XI - Pitch Allocations

daz

Yes it has now been quite a number of weeks that some people have been waiting for allocation.  It is disconcerting as when making the booking it says payment of money does not guarantee a booking.  

There was a request for a pitch update on 10th November and it has not been updated since then, getting on for 2 months ago.  

I gather Daz has had some personal problems (possibly going by an earlier post), perhaps some-one else could help out with this please.  

Thanks

Carole 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've not sold out of pitches so everybody who has booked so far will have a pitch - it may not be the exact pitch you have asked for as each pitch allocation needs to be confirmed with the camp site etc.. and it's first come first served so somebody else might've asked for that pitch first.

I spoke to Darren last week and he was going to catch up with this - I've contacted him again to see how it's going as I know he had a lot of private messages to run through with people wanting to make changes etc.. as well.

I've dropped him a note to see if I can assist and will get an update out as soon as possible.

We've not sold out of pitches so everybody who has booked so far will have a pitch

Thanks for your reply Grant, does that also include hard standing pitches with EHU?  I am dependent on EHU as I have no power for my kit and laptop otherwise.  

Thanks

Carole 

Thanks for your reply Grant, does that also include hard standing pitches with EHU?  I am dependent on EHU as I have no power for my kit and laptop otherwise.  

Thanks

Carole 

Yes - hard standing pitches with EHU are not short in supply - Lucksall are actually adding more of these. If anything, it will be grass pitches with EHU that we run out of first...

Just booked for Fri/Sat night...my first ever star party!  (unfortunately the Mrs is in Peru with her mother for the whole of March so it's just me - not that she'd want to come camping in March anyway).

Looking forward to meeting everyone    :hello:

'Old Codger' regrets to say he cannot now attend the event due to continuing health problems. Good luck and clear skies to everyone.

Keith Moore (old codger)

A real shame Keith, Hope you get your problems sorted asap. take it easy

Hi Craig,

Glasses packed!

I will have a bottle of whiskey, not sure which yet....

Incidentally, if you need help with your tent ? I will be available.

There are threads on the site as to what gear you may find useful.

As for cooking, there is a hog roast on Saturday evening, usually between 17:00 to 18:00.

Plus the campsite do large and extra large breakfasts for around £6.50 that would include coffee.

So, don't worry about making friends, there are lots of people more than happy to talk to you.

Cheers

Adrian

It's been a while since I was at an SGL star party, can't remember if the campsite does meals other than breakfast.  Or is there a shop in the camp or village to buy the food.  It won't be easy to unhook and drive into Hereford if I run out of anything.  

Normally come with food for a few days meals but am going somewhere else for a few days en route beforehand so might not be so easy.

Carole 

You must walk much faster than me, Paul :lol:

Curiously. Only on the way to the pub........

I did think that this is because my local is down a steep hill from my house. However, extensive & selfless scientific research has failed to prove a corellation between gradient and journey time.

Paul

Hi Carole,

The site cafe does breakfasts and evening meals.

The Moon Inn pub is about a mile away, so is walkable, but you could get a lift if required.

The food at both places is of a high quality, the site cafe is the cheaper of the two.

There is a Hog Roast on the Saturday night.....

Cheers

Adrian

Thanks for all your replies every-one.  I'll try to get stocked up before I come - if I can, but it's always good to know you can get something on site if you run out.  

Fingers crossed for some decent weather.

Carole 

Archived