Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AR2396 white light, ran out of crayons - 9th October

Luke

Hi solar friends,

It's been a while I think since I got some white light. This is from Sunday. Seeing was not the best but on the other hand with the ASI174 I had about 4,200 frames to try and help out with a very fast exposure time. I stacked about 175 of them. I struggled to colour this one, so mono only. Thanks for looking! Luke

20276018470_0a703af183_o.jpg

---

9th August, 2015

Equinox 120, Baader Herschel wedge, 3x Barlow, ASI174 camera

Thanks all for your kind comments, much appreciated!

Ruud, I use a Tele Vue 3x Barlow. I used to use a 2.5x PowerMate but prefer the Barlows (2x and 3x) for some reason, which is odd as most folks seem to prefer the PowerMates as far as I know?

Stu, I would love to try and do a green one as a little nod to the solar continuum filter and observing! My efforts so far in green are quite shocking though  :shocked:  I like the idea of a green sun, doesn't it peak in yellow/green anyway?

Alexandra, thanks for the suggestion. It started off a touch bigger but got downsized to 70%! The image scale pixies said it was a touch too blurry (!). I got a capture on Saturday as well when I think the seeing may have been better (don't have one of those funny seeing gadgets!), hopefully the pixies will overlook that one, it was such a lovely AR :laugh:

Thanks all for your kind comments, much appreciated!

Ruud, I use a Tele Vue 3x Barlow. I used to use a 2.5x PowerMate but prefer the Barlows (2x and 3x) for some reason, which is odd as most folks seem to prefer the PowerMates as far as I know?

Stu, I would love to try and do a green one as a little nod to the solar continuum filter and observing! My efforts so far in green are quite shocking though :shocked: I like the idea of a green sun, doesn't it peak in yellow/green anyway?

Alexandra, thanks for the suggestion. It started off a touch bigger but got downsized to 70%! The image scale pixies said it was a touch too blurry (!). I got a caputre on Saturday as well when I think the seeing may have been better (don't have one of those funny seeing gadgets!), hopefully the pixies will overlook that one, it was such a lovely AR :laugh:

This is my most recent green attempt! :)

b0dc0d9adcff839da63073ff5ae58412.jpg

Thanks Luke, I half expected that because it gets such good press elsewhere and because your image is truly outstanding. I must get one for myself to replace my TV 2.5x (from the 90's).

WARNING!: I found my green crayons! :grin:

This should be AR2394.

Please anyone new to solar continuum don't let this image put you off! I don't really notice the colour at the eyepiece, somehow it feels black and white and I just see amazing detail :)

Thanks for looking, Luke

20326285609_b16b8e4f2b_o.jpg

19890314364_5455b86cfa_o.jpg

Archived