Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SHOW US YOUR NEWTS........

• 11 months later...

Thought I'd re-invigorate this thread, and why not, cloudy outside and nothing better to do. 

Here's my Skywatcher 150p on eq3-2 and I love it.  Recently got back into all this and my mind is constantly thinking about what I can search for next. (Please note, that is not an Apollo Landing Module). 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geordie85 said:

My 200p getting busy 

DSC_0011.JPG

Interesting that you have exactly the same kids climbing frame as me, plus we had that table as well until it fell to bits last year, ?

Wish I had you're open views though! 

Edited by Peco4321
  • Like 1

That climbing frame has gone now and the table won't last much longer I don't think. It's almost falling apart already.

I have a nice view of North, West and south but my house obscures the east heavily which is a shame since most things rise in the East.

My own modded 200p skyliner tube, on a poor old CG5 struggling under the weight.  Note water bottle hanging off cw bar for extra weight.  You also get an idea of the LP I have to battle! 

image.jpeg

• Like 4

My Revelation/GSO 12" Newt on a Losmandy G11. Wish I'd fitted the finder and eyepiece before taking the photo so it looked more ready for action, but never mind! The proportions are a little distorted, as the photo was taken at close-quarters with a wide-angle lens.

Img_6300.jpg

• Like 8

By the way, I too, like Craig above, was hanging an extra weight off the counterweight bar for balance. It didn't seem ideal but worked surprisingly well :). I've since added a gym weight instead.

Regards,

Mike

12v supply, in my case power lead from car battery. I haven't got a power tank yet. Unfortunately that is way down on the list of things to buy as I take the car whenever I go observing.

I see nearly all of these scopes (pretend dobs)  are relying on a baby frac to point them in the right direction :hello:

Edited by Pig
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pig said:

I see nearly all of these scopes (pretend dobs)  are relying on a baby frac to point them in the right direction :hello:

The bravery which comes which being on a forum ??. Those dob boys will get you when it's dark ???

• Like 2