Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SHOW US YOUR NEWTS........

My Second Newt another Skywatcher Explorer 150p f5, what a sky surfing simple set up it is, stupid that I sold the first one and then went full circle.
These are small, light and simple.  
All very luddite and simple, ignore the AVX, it was a departure from simple and is now working for another.
All sits on either a Skytee 2 or an Altair Sabre 2.

IMG_0306.thumb.JPG.aade1d8d21f6d09202cb178adb5353cf.JPG

This time, it stays. 
I have bought it a nice Geoptik bag, so its a keeper.

Edited by Alan White
Typos as normal
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Alan White said:

Hi Jules, just saw the other post, Bresser f8, sounds nice.
I was tempted myself on the sale website.

Yes, it worked out at £161 plus a few shillings posted, seemed rude not to give it a try, Alicant has one and heaped praise on it plus it seems it can bring a DSLR to focus with no mods, nice hexa focus, if the optics are good it should be a real nice scope, time will tell

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alan White said:

My Second Newt another Skywatcher Explorer 150p f5, what a sky surfing simple set up it is, stupid that I sold the first one and then went full circle.
These are small, light and simple.  
All very luddite and simple, ignore the AVX, it was a departure from simple and is now working for another.
All sits on either a Skytee 2 or an Altair Sabre 2.

IMG_0306.thumb.JPG.aade1d8d21f6d09202cb178adb5353cf.JPG

This time, it stays. 
I have bought it a nice Geoptik bag, so its a keeper.

Good scope to use your Vixen LVW 22mm ep with Alan ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

Still showing as in stock, wonder if they have more ex demo units?

Hmm, maybe they do have more in stock, defo ordered one at sale price........maybe you should add one to cart see if it lets you :happy11:

7 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

Hmm, maybe they do have more in stock, defo ordered one at sale price........maybe you should add one to cart see if it lets you :happy11:

Nope, too tempting ;) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

maybe they do have more in stock

I think they have several. When we've ordered from them, we've always received a new telescope. No signs of use or even re-packaging.

A side by side setup to cut down on imaging time perhaps;)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

seems it can bring a DSLR to focus with no mods

It should do without the extension on the focuser. Watch out for it hidden in the packaging as you'll need it if you ever want to use it for visual. Also, I would avoid using anything with an undercut in the 2" eyepiece clamp.

16 minutes ago, Stu said:

Still showing as in stock, wonder if they have more ex demo units?

They probably do. I lost count of the number of us who bought ex display 24mm ES68s.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nightfisher said:

can bring a DSLR to focus with no mod

With the primary springs fully compressed, a dslr focuses with the draw tube 20mm from fully retracted; no intrusion of the focuser draw tube into the light path. HTH.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, alacant said:

With the primary springs fully compressed, a dslr focuses with the draw tube 20mm from fully retracted; no intrusion of the focuser draw tube into the light path. HTH.

alacant, does this 150L come with an extension piece for the focuser, to use with ep`s? if it does all the better 

The advertisement photographs show it with an extension fitted. Only the hexagonal parts of the focuser are "compulsory", anything with a circular cross section can be removed. You have to unscrew the 2" clamp (which has a grub screw) and screw the extension to the draw tube rather than just fitting it into the clamp though. You're looking for a piece like this: 

IMG_20171025_211628.thumb.jpg.320e2cb7dbf714f8bc93ee9242c5e7c3.jpg

24 minutes ago, alacant said:

Yes. There are 2 off 2.5" extension tubes and 2.5" to 2" + 2" to 1.25" adaptors and a rather boring 26mm eyepiece. HTH.

Excellent, and thanks for posting

Just now, iPeace said:

I noticed this as well. Not that I was tempted. No sir. Not at all. Full stop. :angel:

Of course, you just wanted to see what i have bought.................with no thoughts of, what if? :icon_biggrin:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

Of course, you just wanted to see what i have bought.................with no thoughts of, what if? :icon_biggrin:

Right! Absolutely. Besides, who needs another comparison? Who honestly has the slightest bit of interest in a Newt-out between a 6" f/6 and a 6" f/8? What possible good can be served by a first-hand account of how they perform side-by-side on Luna?

:confused4:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, iPeace said:

Right! Absolutely. Besides, who needs another comparison? Who honestly has the slightest bit of interest in a Newt-out between a 6" f/6 and a 6" f/8? What possible good can be served by a first-hand account of how they perform side-by-side on Luna?

When does it arrive then Mike? ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, iPeace said:

So when do you expect it to arrive :happy11:

• Haha 1