Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show Us Your Dob.....

10" f6.  Parts ordered from all over, assembled by me & I made the dob base.  Only took a couple of years to get round to it (about version 5 of this build or so, finally works to my satisfaction :grin: ).

20150524 201628

• Like 14

This is my Orion Optics 12" F/5.3. Moonshane made the mount and it's excellent :grin:

What sort of diffraction pattern does that produce? It looks like it could be either weird or invisible.

What sort of diffraction pattern does that produce? It looks like it could be either weird or invisible.

You don't get obvious diffraction spikes on any objects.

The diffraction is still there but it's spread more evenly across the field of view.

I've read mixed views on the benefits or otherwise of curved secondary vanes but I'm very pleased with this scope. The lunar and planetary views are the best I've seen through any scope I've owned and I've been able to split Sirius with it, which again, no other scopes I've owned (all 25+ of them !) have managed  :smiley: 

• Like 1

I think that I've just been diagnosed with the type of fever that only a DOB can cure. What is it with this outbreak of Dobbo struting? I hope to join the DOB squad again skin. I have been looking into upgrading from my 8" Newt. I love the look of your 12" John. Is there a dedicated DOB zone?

Martin

Edited by Guest

Yes, it's a 90mm *15 finder which is magic on the fuzzies (counterweight inside the bottom of the OTA helps). And tinnies or ethoses fit equally well into the compartments to suit your level of enthusiasm for the evening...Scope's not bad either.

RL

• Like 1