Hello from Lizzy159

Lizzy159

Hello All my Name is Elizabeth and i am at a loss as to even use a Telescope i got a Bresser skylux telescope with no manual ? but its something i really would like to use as i love looking at the sky i was looking for someone who can point me in the direction where i can learn . but i think maybe this site is for people who already are aware of what they are  doing and not a novice like me but i would be grateful for any help or advice anyone can give ......thank you in advance Lizzy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello All my Name is Elizabeth and i am at a loss as to even use a Telescope i got a Bresser skylux telescope with no manual ? but its something i really would like to use as i love looking at the sky i was looking for someone who can point me in the direction where i can learn . but i think maybe this site is for people who already are aware of what they are  doing and not a novice like me but i would be grateful for any help or advice anyone can give ......thank you in advance Lizzy

Hi Lizzy

Probably best to create your own 'Welcome' thread rather than hijack Sammy's  :smiley:

Do you have the AZ-70? The following link might help:

Regards

John

HI Lizzy. I had not ever looked through a telescope until earlier this year, and this forum has been extremely helpful for me, it is certainly not just for advanced astronomers!

One book I found brilliant at helping me find my way about the stars and give me things to look for, as well as great guidance was called "Turn Left at Orion." It contains various guides and also more importantly has instructions on how to find some of the best objects in the sky with a variety of telescopes so you can get out there observing.

Good luck and welcome. No question is a silly question...

If it has 70 and/or 700 on the side then a 70mm dia refractor and a focal length of 700mm.

It should (may) have a finder scope stuck on it.

Cannot see a manual, the same thing was asked here a couple of years back and nothing on that post.

There is a Youtube video.

You will at some time need to align the finder and scope. Something for later

For now take the longest focal length eyepiece and put it in the focuser, aim scope at some bit of the sky you cannot miss - left hand end of Casseiopia (Milky Way) and move the focuser in/out until things appear nice and sharp.

That means you can then point at other things and observe them.

Use the longest eyepiece as that delivers the widest view.

Hi Lizzy and welcome to the forum. As others have indicated, there are a lot of people here with varying degrees of experience that can either answer your question or share in your trials and tribulations.  :grin:

Ask any question you like and post it under the relevant section. If you're not sure which section to use, just leave it in the Astro Lounge and one of the moderating team will move it for you.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hi Lizzy and welcome to SGL - Don't worry about being a novice, none of us were born astronomers :D Also there are probably folks who know stuff about one aspect of astronomy and very little about another - No question is a silly question.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi Lizzie and welcome to SGL. We are all a sort of beginner here, from those just starting out to the very advanced, so do not feel that you would be out of place in the forum. Just post your inquiries into the relevant sections for advice and help, Astronomy should be an enjoyable pastime :)

Archived