Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I'm about to go with an eyepatch

iksobarg

for observation.

One that I can flip up easily.

Because it's kind of a pain to close the left eye so much.

I spose it will just have a strap to go around my head like the costume pirate ones.

Do the rest of you guys just keep the one eye closed for all you observation time?

That is all. Carry on!

"Arrgh!"

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Close an eye, sometimes keep both open. Don't have a problem.

I often keep both open to locate or centre something as I am not looking at the object specifically just getting it in the middle, then I will close the left one so that what it would see doesn't impact/overlay.

I have a patch too - so much more comfortable.

attachicon.gifsteve_patch_small.png

Very dignified Mr Richards. I have often thought of getting a patch. I do normally try observing with both eyes open, however there really is too much stray light about to make it comfortable. I guess getting a patch will be just like a lot of other things I read that people do. I think, what the heck would i bother myself doing that for? Then sometime later I try it and think what a fool I was for not having done it sooner.

AARRRgghhh

Ian

The patch is not for use when observing - its when you have to turn on a torch / look at a screen (*Cough* answer the door), it preserves the night vision. 

Unless you want to actually look like a Pirate - what you get up to in your own home is down to you Steve...! 

I know it sounds odd, but the patches didn't work for me. What I did eventually was order some swimming goggles with big 'lenses', took one off and blacked out the remaining one. My eyelashes weren't rubbing against the inside that way. Needed to order goggles with individual eye cups, or whatever the term is, so they can be separated cleanly. Very fetching....

Barry

No sir. I'm already defined. I'm definitely a person.

And, on occasion, I'm a person wearing an eyepatch. It's black and 'sculpted' (apparently - would you believe!?) and it fulfils its purpose by excelling at covering an eye. Any more than this would be a surfeit...

And the 'patch' to which YOU refer has nothing to do with preserving night vision - so I deduce you are being a rascal.

Now an apple to go with my eyepatch might be fine. But a whisky would be more to my taste ...

(Well, a rum would better fit the stereotype but I prefer whisky.)

Archived