Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My wife - the destroyer of worlds!

Canada123

For the past few years I've had a broken street light in front of my house. I live on a rural road and it's the only street light. The light goes on for about 30 seconds and then off for about two or three-minutes and then on for 30 seconds and off for two or three minutes and... and... and...  All night every night. So I stand in the road and look up with my binoculars for a few minutes and all is great, and then the light comes on I close my eyes for 30 seconds, and when it goes off I go back to star gazing. Wash, rinse, repeat. I used to be able to enjoy Orion putting on a lovely show in the winter right in front of my house, albeit for only a few minutes at a time.

Last night the light isn't going off. It's just on. Like a billion watt bulb from Hell. My stars are gone. My Milky way has vanished.

This morning my wife asks if I noticed that the light stayed on now. I explained to my displeasure that I did. I asked her if they fixed it (she works for the city administration), and she says yes. She says the light maintenance company came by the office and she told them about the light and asked if they could fix it.

"You did this!!! You had the light fixed!!!" :angry5: 

She says yes. She said that it bugged her that it went on and off all night. ARRRRGHHHH! Right after I get my sweet new binoculars, and right as Orion is about to start it's winter show and the Pleiades are going to glow in that gorgeous blue tint they acquire on those arctic nights. Now I have to walk to the end of the road to get dark skies.

Needless to say, I am withholding sex for the duration of our union.

Needless to say, I am withholding sex for the duration of our union.

Good luck with that ;).

Seriously, shame about the light though. Can you ask the lighting company or the local authority to get some sort of screen on the back of it?

I nearly hit the "like" button, but that really didn't seem appropriate.

I thought that it is supposed to be the male of the species that is cold, heartless and thoughtless. At least that is what my wife says and she is never wrong.

Good luck with the light and what remains of your marriage.

Paul

PS. You may have just won the "Best Thread Title of 2014 Award"

Couldn't your wife ask the lighting company to simply switch it off?

That way you are happier, she is not annoyed by a flickering light, and you don't have to divorce her in order to restart with the marriage nuptuals. Divorce is costly, you might end up selling all your astro equipment.

See everyone happy.

And the city saves a tiny amount of money.

Maybe your wife is the winner all round.?.??.?

Barry

No, she loses big time. I don't make a lot of money and I don't have a college degree, but I'm a handsome devil and us Canadian menfolk know how to keep a woman warm in winter. :cool:

Clear skies tonight, off to the end of the road...

No, she loses big time. I don't make a lot of money and I don't have a college degree, but I'm a handsome devil and us Canadian menfolk know how to keep a woman warm in winter. :cool:

Are you a lumberjack ?  :grin:

DAVE

Make sure you take a key with you - if she ever gets to read this.............. :laugh:

I'm really sorry to laugh, but I can see the funny side of this and your original post cracked me up.  

What can one say though, and she was so pleased with her achievement as well.

Flaming Nora.

Does she have any hobbies that you can spoil?

Carole 

I have just fixed the streetlight outside :laugh: Hopefully my wife will now stop pestering me for sex 3 times a day, for the duration of our union  :grin:

Very funny story though, thanks for sharing.

Archived