Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ6 Altitude mod

daz

I did it a few months back and find it extremely effective and as you would know, the hardest part of the mod is removing those blasted covers on the mount...what were sw thinking using the adhesive they did?

Having ordered an altitude mod plate from Gunnar, I took the opportunity to do the work today.

You can read my write-up at http://darrenjehan.me.uk/blog/skywatcher-eq6-altitude-mod/

Nice and simple and worked a treat. Need a clear night now to re-align and see how it well it works in practice, but have high hopes!

Where did you order from? Have you got a link?

Excellent mod! I simply hate how stiff my NEQ6 is and honestly I fear for those bolts! May I ask, I see in your pics that you have replaced the original ALT bolt with a lift&twist. Have you trimmed the bolts head (where it makes contact with the mount) to a dome so as not to dig into the mount or left it as it is?

Where did you order from? Have you got a link?

Tony, I contacted Gunnar through sgl message. He hasn't got a web page or shop as such. He is very approachable and will do all he can to help you. 

post-3028-0-29407800-1398959188.jpg

Have you trimmed the bolts head (where it makes contact with the mount) to a dome so as not to dig into the mount or left it as it is?

Here is a picture of the ones Daz uses and as you can see the heads have been shaped to "minimise" gouging-although that does not work

• 1 year later...
27 minutes ago, FireLighter said:

Brilliant guys but can't seem to find anywhere to get one of these mods. Contacted Gunnar and he says he's to busy with other things.  Anyone have any idea where I could get one or a drawing of exact shape/measurements to get two made ?

This http://www.modernastronomy.com/shop/accessories/mount-accessories/mkii-eq6wedge/ ?

30 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

yeah, thats about a difference of £220 from the mod gunnar made :)

58 minutes ago, FireLighter said:

Brilliant guys but can't seem to find anywhere to get one of these mods. Contacted Gunnar and he says he's to busy with other things.  Anyone have any idea where I could get one or a drawing of exact shape/measurements to get two made ?

this thread may help?

Archived