Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQDirect - Making an adapter RJ45 to DB9 for a NEQ6

Eichan

Hi all,

I own a NEQ6 mount and EQDirect cable, but the RJ45 version. The NEQ6 uses a DB9 port, so I got an adapter but I need to wire it myself. See attached picture of my adapter + EQDirect. I am quite unsure how to wire my adapter. The first diagram here should tell me how, but I'm still not sure I get it. If I look at the EQDirect adapter (see attached close-up), it looks like on pin 1 & 2, when the diagram says there should be ground there. Also someone in an INDI forum told me I could ignore the 12v pin as it would be supplied by the mount, but the RJ45 actually seems to have something on those pins.

It's tempting to just look at the wiring of both adapters and trust the colors, but I'm afraid making mistakes here might damage the mount...

Any ideas?

Thanks

EDIT: I own this RJ45 to DB9 adapter. Would any of the proposed wirings in this document work for my need?

IMG_20200916_171912.jpg

IMG_20200916_172721.jpg

Edited by Eichan