Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

hello from sheffield

chabbstar

i got my first telescope when i was a young boy and unfortunately it didn't really get used.I got into photography many years later and it turned in to a pretty serious hobby.

Then a good friend at work (who is also a member of SGL) in a roundabout sort of way inspired me to buy a new telescope.So now i am hoping being a new member of SGL other members will be able to give me help and advise on putting my hobbies together and make me into an astrophotographer,even if i only get a few ish ok shots, i am hoping this will lead me on the path to better shots.

Nice to be a member of SGL thank you.xxx

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to SGL - As you are already a photographer, I would say to forget everything you know about it and start again! AP is an incredibly different discipline and there are many folks who think because they do one, the second must be fairly easy to follow on with (I was definitely guilty of that!) ...... wrong!!! It's a fantastic hobby though and has ensured that I've not even bothered to pick up my camera for almost 2 years as I find it so boring in comparison. If you fancy a read, get hold of the book 'Making Every Photon Count' from the book section of FLO. It will really help you understand stuff.

Good luck! And look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi, chabbstar, and a warm welcome to SGL! I, too, would recommend buying the book 'Making Every Photon Count'. It is a great guide to astrophotography, and may well save you money (and certainly will save some frustration!) when imaging. The imaging sections of this forum are another great resource.

Martin

Archived