Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi all at SGL

BenDavis

Hello everyone,

I have been browsing through SGL for a while now finding many answers so firstly thank you!

I was fairly heavily into astronomy all my child hood, at the peak I think all of my pocket money and some more went into processing 35mm films from AP, which I'm sure 95% ended up being blank!!

Taking shots through a tasco 60mm with no adapter was interesting!! I did manage to get a few nice moon and planetary ones though, I'll have to dig them out and scan them on here for a laugh.

Well that was 18 or so years ago, although I have kept my hand in now and again observing with the binos.

I just recently bought the SW190mn as it seemed a good observation and AP scope.

I have recently been researching for the right ccd kit, so many options! I think price unfortunately is going to be the ultimate decider! But that 460ex does look very nice!!

Let hope this weather clears soon!!

Ben

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ben and Welcome to SGL! The MN190 is an excellent AP scope. Can't offer you a bean of advice on visual as I'm rather partial to trying to make pretty pictures!! The 460 is a super camera as well!! What mount do you have?

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Ben and a warm welcome to SGL.  I have just bought my first CCD camera and I'm just dipping my toe in the water at the moment. I've had some very good results with the planets so far. 

Happy Stargazing and enjoy your Astro Journey.

Thank you all,

Hi Ben and Welcome to SGL! The MN190 is an excellent AP scope. Can't offer you a bean of advice on visual as I'm rather partial to trying to make pretty pictures!! The 460 is a super camera as well!! What mount do you have?

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

I went for the Neq6 Pro, my original budget got blown away.

Hi Ben and a warm welcome to SGL.  I have just bought my first CCD camera and I'm just dipping my toe in the water at the moment. I've had some very good results with the planets so far. 

Happy Stargazing and enjoy your Astro Journey.

I see you went for the Titan? I'm also tempted by it for planetary and moon shots, would you recommend it? It looks like Atik are about to launch another planetary camera so may hold off until then.

Archived