Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from coudy Hull

BritAngler

Another new member, but not new to astronomy. Been interested since the late 60's and have had (and still have) a number of small newtonians of around 4" and an unknown refractor. Recently bought the SkyWatcher Explorer 200P & EQ5 mount; quickly added the motors and soon after that invested in the AstroEQ box. Not had the opportunity to try AstroEQ out in anger yet but seems to be working fine now in the home - just need a clear night to see it in action.

One of my other interests is photography so AP is a definite must for me, I just need a good (but cheap) webcam that I can easily adapt for my scope and away I go :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL - If you want to try imaging then buying the book 'Making Every Photon Count' by Steve Richards available in the book section of the FLO website will help you a lot. There's also quite a few people on the forum using webcams, so you can look at their posts and pic their brains!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Thanks for all the welcomes :)

Should have known there'd be other anglers, Yorkshiremen and even someone who managed to escape from Hull (please let me into the secret!).

I will put up a copy of my First Light report with my latest scope on the proper section, originally posted on another forum a little over a month ago....

Archived