Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello there !

drshminky

Hi everyone..

Well just wanted to introduce myself.

It's seems there's quite a few of us newbies getting our new scopes together. Following what seemed and inexhaustible list of reviews and recommendations I have plumbed for a sw130p. Thanks to you all for the info you've posted it really helped me a lot.

Can't wait for Xmas so me and mrs shminky can have a fumble in the dark ;P

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, drshminky (and mrs shminky!), welcome to SGL! If you haven't done already I  recommend downloading the free planetarium software 'Stellarium' which is used by many on this forum not only to help locate objects in the night sky, but also to plan for a viewing session. It is fully customisable both to location and to individual scopes - so you get an idea of what you are likely to see through the eye piece. It may also help fill in the time while you wait for Christmas to use the new scope!!! (Download from here: http://stellarium.org/)

Hope this helps,

Martin.

Hi, drshminky (and mrs shminky!), welcome to SGL! If you haven't done already I  recommend downloading the free planetarium software 'Stellarium' which is used by many on this forum not only to help locate objects in the night sky, but also to plan for a viewing session. It is fully customisable both to location and to individual scopes - so you get an idea of what you are likely to see through the eye piece. It may also help fill in the time while you wait for Christmas to use the new scope!!! (Download from here: http://stellarium.org/)

Hope this helps,

Martin.

Hehe already did it a few days ago after reading what everyone was saying about it. it's really whetted my appetite!

Hi and welcome to the lounge,

if you get yourself a red light torch it makes it easier to

see what you are fumbling around with, and it helps to 

keep your night vision. Happy Fumbling!

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Hi and welcome, I've got a sw130m coming via Santa and I did consider the 130p as it has the better mirror between the two. I went for the 130m in the end as it comes with the motor and I can remember how quickly objects slide out of view, hope I don't regret it! Look foward to seeing your pictures.

Archived