Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Torino

GigiG

Hi all, I've been interested in astronomy and telescopes for sometime in the past, when I was teenager (so, many many years ago ...) then the passion asleep for a while. One year ago my wife gave me a LidlScope, the Bresser 70/700, and the sacred fire awoke (I know, this scope is just more then a toy but I hope that it is sufficient to re-start with). Ok, the Bresser OTA may be sufficient but its mount is terrible so I found a reasonable alternative, a new Skywatcher NEQ3 mount from Germany. Searching the web for a simple (and cheapy) technique to motorize the NEQ3 was the next step. I found the spanish Picgoto group that was very interesting and promising. Finally, I build my own Picgoto++ controller with a couple of cheapy chinese steppers. In case someone is interested, here is my PGT++ web page (sorry, not in english yet).

Cheers,

Gigi from Italy

I like it Gigi!

Particularly the way you used EQ3 with the little scope - now I know what I shall do with my EQ3 when it gets retired from handling far too big telescope (which I am forcing it to do at the moment :grin: )

Do you have plans to translate your webpage? or is Google translate my friend?

Archived