Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Sam Baker said:

Well done on the image Vicky! M51 is such a nice target. 

Hows everyone getting on? 

Sonce tapatalk is useless now it's so hard to just sign in and use Sgl now ?

Thanks Sam. You're right, M51 is a beautiful target and I was thrilled to find it and grab a few exposures for my first attempt.

Think were all doing OK, although the forum does seem to be struggling to keep momentum since the updates. 

How are you? Have you managed to get out and do any imaging recently?

Just channel hopped onto C4+1 and found Heston's Dinner in Space, where he is making a meal for Tim Peake, if anyone is interested :)

13 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Thanks Sam. You're right, M51 is a beautiful target and I was thrilled to find it and grab a few exposures for my first attempt.

Think were all doing OK, although the forum does seem to be struggling to keep momentum since the updates. 

How are you? Have you managed to get out and do any imaging recently?

Just channel hopped onto C4+1 and found Heston's Dinner in Space, where he is making a meal for Tim Peake, if anyone is interested :)

Yeah seen that Vicky not too fussed about cookery programs even if they are to do with space or otherwise.

I will give you the heads up about Jim Al khalili on BBC4 and HD at 9pm Tuesday The beginning and end of the universe. Set to record already. 

Scope out cooling although not built up yet as still 100% clod cover. I can see the DLB through it still!

Set to clear at 9pm

Thanks for the heads up Damian I have set the record too ??

im not keen on him Vicky so I have avoided the program altogether. 

Hi Sam nice to see you again. Vickys right the forum is slow now after the update and you carnt use paltalk moving around and keeping up to date with other threads is hard work. 

24 minutes ago, mapstar said:

BST 5mm for sale on UK abs for £30 if anyone is interested.

20 minutes ago, mapstar said:

You do get used to it the more you use it 

Thanks D. Really need the 5mm but can't afford it at the minute. One will come up when the time is right, hopefully.

For some reason my new phone loves the new SGL format. My iPad still doesn't like it though. 

The skies finally cleared at 11.15 last night over Huddersfield. Managed some visual of Jupiter with the 24in.. The GRS was extremely prominent and vivid orange. Packed in at 2am!

No image from the session but here is one of the moon with the 5in from last week.

image.thumb.jpeg.ca9478c8bf8feff83edc7bb

yea, it did clear much later. i was up after midnight and could see some stars out to the east.

partly cloudy tonight, Jupiters GRS transists aroud 8pm tonight, so worth catching, also Europa and IO are very close together.

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

I'm keeping an eye on the weather as I may try some viewing myself 

It's very fuzzy looking up there though at present 

Just had a 1/2 hour outside and the switch on my red dot finder as fallen off

cheap plastic Rubbish

Finally got an image of Jupiter showing the Great Red Spot (GRS). Not a great image, but I'll take it! The sky hasn't been kind this evening and I had to grab it whilst I could.
Taken using QHY5L-II colour planetary camera and 8SE OTA - no barlow - 500 frame AVI stacked in RegiStax6 :)

Jupiter 21.03.2016.jpg

Archived