Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Soupy said:

Told you I saw Aurora tonight Gain... This was on my iPad when I got home and it's just about the right time too...! ;)

image.jpeg.ad4f7c390916e2f4279762c7397da

Never doubted you Soupy..it did look rather impressive. First time I've seen aurora under the clouds!

On 25/02/2016 at 12:20, Ryan P said:

Does anyone fancy giving me a bit of a hand on Friday 18th March from 1.00pm - 4.00pm with some public outreach at my daughters school? It's science week and I've been asked to do a bit of a stand. There will be other stands there. In the sports hall. I was thinking of taking my telescope. If anyone has any books or equipment the kidsmight find interesting that would be great also. It will just be some questions and answers with the kids on basic astronomy. I know Vicky Dews had maybe a couple of cool science tricks up her sleeve. So if anyone can help out that day without going out of their way that would be awsome.

thanks in advance ?

Hi Ryan 

I've had to swap to the morning shift on Friday meaning I finish around 1pm so will be a little later on when I get there

That's absolutely fine Damian! No problem mate. Do you know where the school is? If you like you can park your car at my house and walk over? Same for you Vicky.

Gain, I've only just seen that you posted the Moon globe lol. It is brilliant! Isabelle has enjoyed looking at it and identifying places on it the she imaged to other night. Thanks again for that mate.

and Happy st Paddys day to everyone ☘???

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

No worries Ryan I may just take you up on parking my battered wreck over at yours :happy8:

I saw you had a bit of a scrape, nightmare mate!

Yes just park at mine. Ill shoot across and come get you if you txt me when you get there. 

9 hours ago, mapstar said:

Happy st Patricks day to our Irish contingent 

This is the first year I have missed ST Paddy's in Benidorm for 7 years, my Grandad comes from Leinster and we used to go there when kids in the 1950's, (Ireland not Benidorm lol ), .

49 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Woo hoo! Up and running with my imaging! Doing M51 The Whirlpool Galaxy. My journey into DSO astrophotography had begun....
Thank you for your help and patience Gain :)

IMG_20160317_222913.jpg

Good stuff glad your enjoying it.

Looks just like that through my scope Vicky highly impressive 

2 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Woo hoo! Up and running with my imaging! Doing M51 The Whirlpool Galaxy. My journey into DSO astrophotography had begun....
Thank you for your help and patience Gain :)

IMG_20160317_222913.jpg

A very successful evening..and good progress made. 

14 hours ago, cosmicbug said:

Just about set and excited for a night of good viewing...

Just waiting for Vicky to arrive with her 110 refractor!

image.thumb.jpeg.658f0b2648312cc3fbf6ed5

Gain, I have a double extension ladder if you want to borrow it lol

Archived