SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28 March 2016 at 10:55, astrotyke said:

The 700D and 750D both have one

I have just bought the d5500 as Vicky says. It's a lovely camera. Has a swivel screen, 24mp i think? Shoots 1080p 60fps video which could be useful for planetary video shooting. Also it is supported by BackyardNikon. I've been using it over the weekend and it takes some lovely shots. Not given it much astro related use yet though. Apart from my full moon pic last week. Apparently it is up to the job though.

Just now, Ryan P said:

I have just bought the d5500 as Vicky says. It's a lovely camera. Has a swivel screen, 24mp i think? Shoots 1080p 60fps video which could be useful for planetary video shooting. Also it is supported by BackyardNikon. I've been using it over the weekend and it takes some lovely shots. Not given it much astro related use yet though. Apart from the full moon pic I posted last week. Apparently it is up to the job though.

Clear Outside is showing clear sky's until 6am. Who to believe? lol 

I think I might head up. I want to give the d5500 a go at some basic point and shoot constellation stuff. Probably take the dob up too. I won't be out too late as I've got work early in the morning.

lol yea, of course i can choose, i do need to decide it im off out for a meal tonight, or i might leave it till the weekend. 

Ive had some strange forecasts off clear outside recently, they seem very optimistic on there clear skies, so im not sure if i belive them sometimes. 

5 minutes ago, astrotyke said:

lol yea, of course i can choose, i do need to decide it im off out for a meal tonight, or i might leave it till the weekend. 

Ive had some strange forecasts off clear outside recently, they seem very optimistic on there clear skies, so im not sure if i belive them sometimes. 

Happy birthday Chris! Have a great day mate. Yes Clear outside has been off the ball recently. They are usually bang on as well! Looks like it is going to be decent. Even if it is until midnight.

2 minutes ago, Ryan P said:

Happy birthday Chris! Have a great day mate. Yes Clear outside has been off the ball recently. They are usually bang on as well! Looks like it is going to be decent. Even if it is until midnight.

Cheers Ryan, it was one night the other week that clear outside had me down for clear skies, every other forecast said cloud, and I indeed did have thick cloud. Maybe it was just a blip i dont know

12 minutes ago, Ryan P said:

Me and Lee are heading up to Winscar at 8.00pm if anyone would like to join us feel free to do so. ??

I'd make one myself Ryan but at work while 8pm so would be a struggle and the scope is in bits with a few mods 

11 hours ago, astrotyke said:

Yea I was watching that lasts last night damian and was thinking of your job,  rubbish isn't it.  Blumin Chinese and there cheap steal.

Not just China   it comes from Turkey Spain Luxembourg and South Korea 

Archived