Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had a go at processing my image of M51 The Whirlpool Galaxy from 17.03.2016
Quite pleased to make a bit of progress, although there is a lot to learn. Can only bring out so much detail with the limited amount of data I had to work with
Using Atik 16IC-S monochrome CCD on William Optics FLT-110 F7 refractor, guided with QHY5L-II camera
14 x 120 second subs, stacked in DSS and cropped and processed in PS Elements 11

M51 The Whirlpool Galaxy 17.03.2016 (2).jpg

Well done Vicky! Your processed image looks great!! And lol! the kids were seriously ragging my dob about weren't they? haha!!

Gain, your globe is still in one piece by the way although we caught Damian trying to destroy it on several occasions. Including wanting to paint it black and call it a new moon lmao!! :D

As a punishment here are 3 pictures of the Devils Light bulb I took the other night, especially for you Damian!

Oh... and this thread has now made me hungry again even though i've just polished off a homemade Chicken Tikka Massalla! Thanks 

montes apennines 17-03-2016.jpg

Plato 17-03-2016.jpg

56edc5d42d7f8_RupesRectaakaTheWall17-03-

Just now, mapstar said:

Nice one Ryan and great pics of the aptly named Devils light bulb.

The wall I've just read about on another thread so good to see what everyone is talking about in the pic.

Cheers mate, seriously! I've been waiting over a year to get a picture of the wall! The weather just has never timed it right. I always want to attempt it. Im pretty happy with the result. Aptly, just in time for the new season of Game Of Thrones lol, with 'The Wall'!   :) 

2 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Fabulous lunar images Ryan. The straight wall looks ace - might try to have a go at that myself one day of I can find it. Doesn't look like any of us will be doing any viewing or imaging this weekend though :(

Thanks Vicky. The Montes Appennines one is really pushing the boundries of my setup. To fit it all in the field of view then record as it drifts you end up wasting a massive amount of frames. You only want to process images within the crop of the single image. If any frames don't they're binned. This was 15000 frames and I ended up with about 8000 usable frames. Would be so much better with tracking. I like a challenge though :)

55 minutes ago, Ryan P said:

Well done Vicky! Your processed image looks great!! And lol! the kids were seriously ragging my dob about weren't they? haha!!

Gain, your globe is still in one piece by the way although we caught Damian trying to destroy it on several occasions. Including wanting to paint it black and call it a new moon lmao!! :D

As a punishment here are 3 pictures of the Devils Light bulb I took the other night, especially for you Damian!

Oh... and this thread has now made me hungry again even though i've just polished off a homemade Chicken Tikka Massalla! Thanks 

montes apennines 17-03-2016.jpg

Plato 17-03-2016.jpg

56edc5d42d7f8_RupesRectaakaTheWall17-03-

Nice Ryan  was they taken with the ZWO camera

Archived