Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Yes, everyone phoned that was coming, hopefully weather going to play ball tomorrow night and give us a clear few hours. Will phone Neil, Eric, and Damian in the morning to confirm, with meeting hopefully in Wakefield around lunchtimeish and heading up in convoy.

will be getting to Kielder well before it gets dark, to hopefully set up and cool scopes, and have a good look around.

fingers crossed for some clear spells.

good meeting last night as well, with plenty of food for thought and plans in place to move forwards as Damian and Vicky have said.

thanks for all the effort that is going in and for future efforts. :)

Soupy

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, gtis said:

Soupy his going to phone you to make arrangements about a time 

on going up Saturday but he did say we might meet in Wakefield 

and all go up together and he his going to phone me in the morning

Cheers Neil, Soupy just rang me

13 hours ago, mapstar said:

Good committee meeting tonight with a few things thrashed out.

More exciting things to come and with support from the members we can achieve lots.

Many thanks to those that attended 

Yes, a very constructive and useful meeting! 

Exciting times ahead!

Well, I've just treat myself to a new dslr! Got a Nikon d5500! Can't wait to get it now.

Might be a while till I can afford an NEQ6 . Should be able to get some really nice widefield/milky way shots with it and the barn door tracker for now though!

One step closer to achieving my astrophography setup. Super excited. ???

Also I hope everyone has a great time at Kielder this weekend! Have a good one, although im sure you all will! ??????

51 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

Congrats on the new camera Ryan. I'm sure you will get some lovely shots. 

Thanks Mark, hope you're feeling better by the way?

I hope so. I think the camera is upto it im just not sure about the operator lol!

I have very little experience with dslr and a lot to learn! Can't wait to get it though. I chose it over a dedicated ccd as I really need an everyday camera at the minute too. 

1 hour ago, Mark62 said:

I'm good thanks Ryan. I just need to be careful how I move my hand  ??

My wife Bev suffered with carpel tunnel when we had Isabelle. She said it was painful. Luckily it went away for her and didn't require surgery. Must be difficult getting out observing moving equipment around. Hope you feel better soon.

Not long back from the kielder spring WADAS star party.

Hopefully everyone got home safely as there was a crash involving 4 cars on the A1 which had not long happened when me and Eric went past.

The skies were not kind to us but the company more than made up for it. A good laugh although costly weekend for me! Damage to the car and the loss of a can of lager!

Managed a mushy view of Jupiter but nothing else! 

Got home around 3.15 just past the car crash before it held the A1 up good night in pub then had a Chinese  out for the stars but joy had a few more beers and the company was brilliant bed around 1-00am but still not clear

2 hours ago, Physopto said:

Well I was going to commiserate about the beer but then realised it was larger, :evil4:,  so no harm done then! What happened to the car? Now that I can feel sorry :eek: for you about!

Derek

Scraped the passenger side sill on a low step whilst parking up at Soupys place. 

The damage is cosmetic with a couple of deep long scratches with a few more under the sill. It's plastic so at least it won't rust to look on the bright side.

4 hours ago, gtis said:

Got home around 3.15 just past the car crash before it held the A1 up good night in pub then had a Chinese  out for the stars but joy had a few more beers and the company was brilliant bed around 1-00am but still not clear

Glad you missed the hold up Neil, I was just in front of Damien approaching the pile up, just did a bit of signal, mirror & manoeuvre, well it was actually a slight  swerve to miss the debris really lol & we both were clear of it as it was over to the left lane from us, shame about us having cloud cover at Soupy's but it was a bit of an adventure going to & coming back from the Pub in his Landrover Ferrari !!!!.

Hi eric

they had cleared the debris off the road when I passed but the cars were waiting to be towed away,yes being in the back of soupys Land Rover to the pub and back was a experience in its self

Ha ha yeah Colin Campbell/Paul McCrae how could I forget! I still feel travel Sick!

Yeah good reactions there Eric I followed the swerve and avoided the debris.

How the other car got on the opposite carriageway who knows but it hadn't happened long by the looks.

Hope no one was hurt.

2 hours ago, mapstar said:

Scraped the passenger side sill on a low step whilst parking up at Soupys place. 

The damage is cosmetic with a couple of deep long scratches with a few more under the sill. It's plastic so at least it won't rust to look on the bright side.

Well I am glad it is not too serious. Sickening though when you damage a nice car. Mike was full of praise for it. Audis are nice vehicles. Hope it easily fixed. 

Derek

Not good on the sill Damian hope is not to costly. 

As for my driving I was only in a rush to get back for the clear skies. Feels worse when you are in the back and can't see ;)

Here's a pic for prosperity. 

20160312_172417.thumb.jpg.711dfb780c0a4f

Archived