Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

18 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:
Finally got an image of Jupiter showing the Great Red Spot (GRS). Not a great image, but I'll take it! The sky hasn't been kind this evening and I had to grab it whilst I could.
Taken using QHY5L-II colour planetary camera and 8SE OTA - no barlow - 500 frame AVI stacked in RegiStax6 :)

Jupiter 21.03.2016.jpg

The GRS at last Vicky nice one

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Absolutely superb Ryan! That camera is going to produce some cracking images for you :)

Im quite surprised just how good it is actually! I am well pleased with my new toy :D:D:D 

Just now, Ryan P said:

Lovely mosaic Vicky. I've never done nor know how to make a mosaic.

Thanks Ryan. PhotoShop does the hard work so we don't have to...... LOL

I have PS Elements 11 and I use photomerge panorama to make them. It even blends the images together and makes them match. Very clever programme :)

9 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Thanks Ryan. PhotoShop does the hard work so we don't have to...... LOL

I have PS Elements 11 and I use photomerge panorama to make them. It even blends the images together and makes them match. Very clever programme :)

That sounds brilliant! I will definitely be checking it out! When I get a mount im wanting to do a big and detailed mosaic of the moon using the ZWO. ?

6 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

I think Damian dose like the moon I have shots of him looking at it through his new scope during the day. 

Lovely jobs on the images every one absolutely stunning ?? 

Love it really especially when it's new :happy9: 

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

I told her it was blasphemy! Another for my sins

20160322_004542.thumb.jpg.0bba897f0d8a03

Hahah!! 
I am a Moon lover personally though lol! And seriously, for a handheld phone shot that is very good tell her! I could never get the bleedin thing to stay in the eyepiece when I tried!

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

I told her it was blasphemy! Another for my sins

20160322_004542.thumb.jpg.0bba897f0d8a03

Hahah!! 
I am a Moon lover personally though lol! And seriously, for a handheld phone shot that is very good tell her! I could never get the bleedin thing to stay in the eyepiece when I tried!

9 hours ago, Ryan P said:

Hahah!! 

Celestial objects are not normally her choice of subject (normally arty stuff) but she did well.

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 17:56, Vicky050373 said:

Thanks Eric. It's not going to win any prizes, but it's one for my little scrap book :)

Here's a 2 panel mosaic of images from last night of crater Tycho and the surrounding area
Taken using QHY5L-II colour planetary camera and 8SE OTA

FB_IMG_1458669217519.jpg

Whens next meeting Vicky /

Eric

21 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Whens next meeting Vicky /

Eric

21st April for the Nick Howes talk, however I'm hoping we'll get together before that for a viewing night, or maybe even a pub / MacDonalds WADAS meet up if the skies don't play ball. It'll be good to see about getting some of the gang together for a catch-up before the next meeting :)

There was a break in the clouds for half an hour or so last night, so decided to blind myself with the DLB LOL
Last night's full moon taken using Canon 100D DSLR on Celestron 80mm F7.5 refractor - single 1/250 second exposure at ISO100 :)

The Moon 23.03.2016.jpg

Archived