NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Pleased to hear you all had a nice evening together, but shame the skies didn't play ball. Love the photo - I really missed going up there this time despite the lack of clear skies. Hope nobody was hurt in the accident, and glad you all missed it and got home safely. Pity about your car Damian - hopefully you'll get it sorted with minimal cost. Looks like it is going to be cloudy for the next few days, which is rubbish :(

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Physopto said:

Well I was going to commiserate about the beer but then realised it was larger, :evil4:,  so no harm done then! What happened to the car? Now that I can feel sorry :eek: for you about!

Derek

Must point out me & Soupy were on Guinness lol

Eric

4 hours ago, Soupy said:

Not good on the sill Damian hope is not to costly. 

As for my driving I was only in a rush to get back for the clear skies. Feels worse when you are in the back and can't see ;)

Here's a pic for prosperity. 

20160312_172417.thumb.jpg.711dfb780c0a4f

Just think how many Damians you could fit in that monster!  :p

34 minutes ago, Soupy said:

Here's ones from the other angle showing said land-rover/ferrari hybrid! This thing is nearly 30 years old it struggles to start never mind race around the forest ;)

20160312_172434.thumb.jpg.c9e32a6dfa6629

I was quite happy sat in the front Soupy.

Glad you all had a hoot even if the weather didn't play ball.

I was out for a little while last night. The foggy haziness was terrible however the atmosphere was very still. Best I've seen it for ages. I did a quick process of one of the avi's I took last night. I should have applied a little gain on the image as its a bit dark. I'll have another go at it and the others later.

image.tiff

2 hours ago, Physopto said:

Just think how many Damians you could fit in that monster!  :p

Not many he's a bit of a pie muncher!!!! 

Don't think I'll be putting a build thread together now. 

18 minutes ago, Physopto said:

Aye, instead of talking about it, use the thing!

I would love to look through that scope of yours Damian. You have spent so much time making it, time for observing I think. Have fun!

Derek

You'll get the chance in November I hope if you don't bring any of those cloud thing's with you :happy7:

8 hours ago, 2STAR said:

Must point out me & Soupy were on Guinness lol

Eric

I was drinking john smiths smooth just a bit better than that Aussie stuff

My best Jupiter image from last night. It's amazing how different the atmosphere is from day to day. Still wasn't perfect but much better than it has been lately even if it was a bit foggy.

Jupiter 13-03-2016.jpg

40 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Great image Ryan. Looking forward to catching up Friday buddy 

Cheers mate! Looks like you all had a good crack at Kielder. Scopes looking well by the way. Ill be interested in hearing how your getting on with it on Friday. Also thanks in advance for Friday. I was going to txt you tomorrow to confirm you were still coming. Ill be txting @Vicky050373 unless she sees here first to confirm. Should be good. ???

22 minutes ago, Ryan P said:

Cheers mate! Looks like you all had a good crack at Kielder. Scopes looking well by the way. Ill be interested in hearing how your getting on with it on Friday. Also thanks in advance for Friday. I was going to txt you tomorrow to confirm you were still coming. Ill be txting @Vicky050373 unless she sees here first to confirm. Should be good. ???

Yup. I'll be there Ryan. Looking forward to it. Fab Jupiter images BTW :)

4 hours ago, Ryan P said:

My best Jupiter image from last night. It's amazing how different the atmosphere is from day to day. Still wasn't perfect but much better than it has been lately even if it was a bit foggy.

Jupiter 13-03-2016.jpg

Excellent work Ryan..lots of detail in there.

Archived