SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Adam, make sure  any previous input you have done is not showing, system reverts to previous regarding co-ordinates,( ie; if you have set it at winscar) level the scope accurately, and when you input the date do it USA style mm-dd--yyyy , make sure its not on daylight saving,  co-ordinates should be longtitude first then latitiude,

3 Star alignment I had problems also with, align from west to east and not too far apart , I found that worked for me after much frustration. 

Eric

see I'm pretty sure i hit daylight saving and then set the time zone to universal but while you scroll through the start up stages there is no option to enter your coordinates so i need to find out how to edit them 

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

see I'm pretty sure i hit daylight saving and then set the time zone to universal but while you scroll through the start up stages there is no option to enter your coordinates so i need to find out how to edit them 

do you have celestron or  sky watcher. I belive there are some differences to either the date in put or the coordiantes between the two, least i think i read it somewhere. If the corodiantes and time are wrong then that will explain your issue, as it wont know where on earth it is.

Im sure my celestron one asks me for the coordinates when I turn it on, i can click past it if im at that location, or change if needed.

You dont want daylight/time saving on either, as we havnt moved into summer time yet. 

do you have celestron or  sky watcher. I belive there are some differences to either the date in put or the coordiantes between the two, least i think i read it somewhere. If the corodiantes and time are wrong then that will explain your issue, as it wont know where on earth it is.

Im sure my celestron one asks me for the coordinates when I turn it on, i can click past it if im at that location, or change if needed.

You dont want daylight/time saving on either, as we havnt moved into summer time yet. 

its a Celestron 130SLT 

No point in going to Winscar. Its going to be bright because of the Moon anyway. Get your proper coordinates for your house now, and double check everything when you set up. Let us know how you get on, if still having problems can try and get over one clear evening and have a go with you.

It could also be low power if it just points to the floor so make sure ur full charged.

Iv got so one coming to look at my slt127 to night with a view to buying it so fingers crossed for a sale I'm sure it will go back on Astro gear lol

Cheers bud that would be awesome yeah i will have a go in the garden and see what i can do

the first couple of times i tried mine i got strange results, perseverance is needed:   Also, get a compass app for your phone, i have one and I dont think it needs a data link to give you your lat and long 

no :-( and its annoying seen as I've been out with it twice with decent skies and not been able to try any pictures yet because it won't align i think tonights gunna be a good chance to try and get it nailed 

Adam, may seem a bit of a silly question, but the handset you are using is the celestron nexstar and not the skywatcher  synscan ?

Does it matter what order you line stars up? And yesh the coordinates are wrong but its hard figuring out how to edit them as the nexstar control has no "undo" button just...."align" "enter" "back" however my plan tonight is to just set it up and just do nothing more than get this one bit figured out

Hi when I had my nexstar 4 and did 3 star align I never used coordinates I set my location to Leeds

As far has I can remember the back button does undo

Neil

Archived