NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Vicky has gone cold turkey! 

Does anyone know of any hobby/craft/model shops that sell HIPS PETG or plasticard to give it it's popular name? In and around the Wakefield/Barnsley area?

Damian

have you tried Hobbycraft at Meadowhall retail park

neil

10 minutes ago, gtis said:

Damian

have you tried Hobbycraft at Meadowhall retail park

neil

Hi Neil

They don't sell anything like what I'm wanting Neil. My sis has put me onto a place called Hindleys at Catcliffe Sheffield but it's closed today so will have to venture down there tomorrow. Looks to have quite a few items of interest in 

This new format is taking some getting used to? I seem to struggle getting back to the community home page?

Just sussed it, tap on the stargazers lounge logo at the top of the page takes you there.

Silly me 

The Orion constellation taken 14.01.16 using Canon 100D on Skywatcher Star Adventurer. A reworking of my original image using Gimp. Bringing out the detail and colours of the nebulae has unfortunately also brightened the LP to the lower half of the image. I'm hoping that as I learn processing skills, I will be able to reduce this effect. You can clearly see M42 The Orion Nebula, and there is The Flame Nebula and The Horsehead Nebula around the bottom left star of "the belt". You can also see an element of Barnard's Loop which is the red band that curves around the left hand side of the image :)

Orion 14.01.2016 (GIMP).jpg

Should be sorting the secondary holder later this week. Still a few problems to suss out but it's getting there.

Many thanks to Ryan for his help this past week, it's been a difficult one as some know.

7 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Should be sorting the secondary holder later this week. Still a few problems to suss out but it's getting there.

Many thanks to Ryan for his help this past week, it's been a difficult one as some know.

Good luck with that Damian hope all goes well with it 

38 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

The Orion constellation taken 14.01.16 using Canon 100D on Skywatcher Star Adventurer. A reworking of my original image using Gimp. Bringing out the detail and colours of the nebulae has unfortunately also brightened the LP to the lower half of the image. I'm hoping that as I learn processing skills, I will be able to reduce this effect. You can clearly see M42 The Orion Nebula, and there is The Flame Nebula and The Horsehead Nebula around the bottom left star of "the belt". You can also see an element of Barnard's Loop which is the red band that curves around the left hand side of the image :)

Orion 14.01.2016 (GIMP).jpg

Damian

when do you want paying next time I see you

neil

Archived