Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Hi Neil. I think the reply that didn't post must've been my reply to you?

Anyway just pass the money onto either Soupy or Vicky as I see them quite regular 

Hi Damian

yes it is used the quote button on your post and worked

Neil

1 hour ago, Vicky050373 said:

The Orion constellation taken 14.01.16 using Canon 100D on Skywatcher Star Adventurer. A reworking of my original image using Gimp. Bringing out the detail and colours of the nebulae has unfortunately also brightened the LP to the lower half of the image. I'm hoping that as I learn processing skills, I will be able to reduce this effect. You can clearly see M42 The Orion Nebula, and there is The Flame Nebula and The Horsehead Nebula around the bottom left star of "the belt". You can also see an element of Barnard's Loop which is the red band that curves around the left hand side of the image :)

Orion 14.01.2016 (GIMP).jpg

Wow! Im loving the new layout on hear! It looks great! 

Damian. I used to engineer plastics for a company called Barkstone Plastics in Leeds. They may be ably to supply you with petg etc? Might be worth a shot if you can't find it else where. I sure hope a plastic wrap trimmed to size works for you. If all else fails I can always make another mandrill for you but probably not untill after you've been to galloway now.

2 hours ago, mapstar said:

Cheers for the info Ryan. I'm going tm try that place in Sheffield that my sister suggested as they seem to have a lot of stuff in which could be useful.

Good stuff mate! Sounds promising.

Me and Vicky went today and got all the stuff that I needed. Great place and I can highly recommend it. 

http://hindleys.com/

Not expensive either and Vicky also has a project to start from our little trip too! Managed to also sort out her securing screws on the short frac as these were stripped M4

All in all a productive couple of hours

3 hours ago, mapstar said:

Me and Vicky went today and got all the stuff that I needed. Great place and I can highly recommend it. 

http://hindleys.com/

Not expensive either and Vicky also has a project to start from our little trip too! Managed to also sort out her securing screws on the short frac as these were stripped M4

All in all a productive couple of hours

Had a really enjoyable couple of hours with Damian - I've been busy browsing the Hindleys catalogue lol - fabulous stuff :)

I've put my stuff away safely for now until it is time to start my little project.

Thanks again for sorting out my securing screws - looks great and works a treat.

A very good afternoon - thank you :)

1 hour ago, Vicky050373 said:

Had a really enjoyable couple of hours with Damian - I've been busy browsing the Hindleys catalogue lol - fabulous stuff :)

I've put my stuff away safely for now until it is time to start my little project.

Thanks again for sorting out my securing screws - looks great and works a treat.

A very good afternoon - thank you :)

Had a quick look at the catalogue I might know what vicky's 

up to

Neil

That does look like a handy place to know! Having projects is part of the fun of astronomy. Glad you both got what you want. Im dying to know if plastic wrapping the mandrill I made is going to work Damian.

Just a quick note, and picture, to announce that our baby daughter, Hayley, arrived on Sunday 24th at 01:20am weighing in at a healthy 7lb15oz.
Mother and baby both now doing well and safely home.

Matt & Usha

Hayley.jpg

1 minute ago, MattGoo said:
Just a quick note, and picture, to announce that our baby daughter, Hayley, arrived on Sunday 24th at 01:20am weighing in at a healthy 7lb15oz.
Mother and baby both now doing well and safely home.

Matt & Usha

Hayley.jpg

Congratulations to you both...many years of joy and happiness to come!

ps..how much do you want for your mount and frac ? :-)

Archived