SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great meeting last night. Well done Vicky! Sorry I didn't make it for the curry. Will definitely be out for the Christmas curry though!

Damian! I put your bits in the car first thing this morning so I can't forget them again lol! [emoji6]

Enjoyed the meeting and presentation by Vicky, happy to now be a member of wadas.

Eric.

Now for 6 nights with ex workmates on Cheap, Tacky, but very entertaining Calla Gerona Benidorm, recently likened to being in the audience of the Jeremy Kylie show lol.

Hi All,

I finally remembered my password for here and just wanted to thank you all for your kind comments on my talk last night. Any ideas on improving (and making it a little longer) it are greatly appreciated. The nerves thing is something I need to work on, I already know this :) 

Vicky

Hi All,

I finally remembered my password for here and just wanted to thank you all for your kind comments on my talk last night. Any ideas on improving (and making it a little longer) it are greatly appreciated. The nerves thing is something I need to work on, I already know this :)

Vicky

Hi vicky, as already Matt has pointed out, i couldnt tell you were nervous, and I thought it was a good thought provoking presentation 

Hi All,

Vicky

Vicky, presentation skills are all about having knowledge of the subject matter and a confidence to deliver that knowledge without fear of someone asking a tricky question midway through and throwing you off course, your delivery and obvious knowledge coupled with natural enthusiasm was excellent,well done.

Eric

Excellent talk by Vicky "Woozy" Dews last night. Your nerves didn't show and I thought it was very clearly written and well presented.

Me and Luke were still talking about it this morning - so much we don't know about what's out there.

Lovely to meet some new people, and put faces to names.

Excellent company at the Cinnamon Lounge with lots of laughs. Can't even look at that pop-up tent without giggling!

Looking forward to our next meeting where we'll have time to get to know everyone a little better and share some of our knowledge and experience.

Managed to wangle a "pass" tomorrow to go to Astromeet with Gain, so I'm looking forward to that. Should prove to be an interesting day :)

Does anyone know anything about or any experience of collimating an SCT?

No I don't unfortunately. As you know I have an SCT, but have never needed to collimate it. All I have heard is that you have to be very careful, possibly upgrade to Bob's Knobs, and maybe send it to an experienced person to do, such as Lee over at Green Witch.

I'd be interested to read other replies just in case I ever need to do mine :)

I remembered I'm booked up already tomorrow so I can't make it after all

Gain said that unfortunately you were unable to make it, so I quickly cleared my diary. Should be a good day :)

Hmmm, looks like you've succumbed to the power of SGL - they'll not be able to shut you up either now.

Must be a "Vicky" thing hehe...... ;)

Hi All,

Vicky

Hi Vicky

Great talk last night ,makes you think there must be some life out there

Neil and Andrew

Gain said that unfortunately you were unable to make it, so I quickly cleared my diary. Should be a good day :)

Hmmm, looks like you've succumbed to the power of SGL - they'll not be able to shut you up either now.

Must be a "Vicky" thing hehe...... ;)

Not a bad thing. Keeps me entertained at work :p

Matt

Please excuse me butting in on your society conversation but if anyone has a problem with SCT collimation I'm happy to sort it out FOC, I also have an artificial star so a clear night is not essential!.   Cheers.  Peter.

Please excuse me butting in on your society conversation but if anyone has a problem with SCT collimation I'm happy to sort it out FOC, I also have an artificial star so a clear night is not essential!. Cheers. Peter.

No problem Peter and I'm sure the rest of the society will be more than happy to take up your offer.

Thanks

Damian

Please excuse me butting in on your society conversation but if anyone has a problem with SCT collimation I'm happy to sort it out FOC, I also have an artificial star so a clear night is not essential!.   Cheers.  Peter.

Thanks Peter. That's a really kind offer. I tried using a Duncan Mask on a bright star but I struggled a bit. It might be OK - but I'd just like to check it. I'll PM you as to when is the best time to come up to Todmorden.

Sam

Archived