SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

How's the scope coming along ?

Mark

It's coming on Mark. I took the mirror to Newcastle under Lyme Monday to have it aluminised and pick up the 130mm Minor axis elliptical flat! Not sure when it will be back but I must add a lot of updates to my Mirror making thread.

Damian

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't be at the meeting although the other members will make you more than Welcome.

The boiler sounds like the 3 way Valve is stuck or not moving over for some reason.

Damian

Sounds like the same problem we had with ours but ours was stuck halfway so it warmed the house up during the summer. We now have a nice boiler. Hope yours can be sorted out cheaper [emoji106]

It's coming on Mark. I took the mirror to Newcastle under Lyme Monday to have it aluminised and pick up the 130mm Minor axis elliptical flat! Not sure when it will be back but I must add a lot of updates to my Mirror making thread.

Damian

Glad it's coming along. I think were all excited about you finishing it as much as you are. We have all been reading the mirror thread with excitement and I think we all think it belongs to us as much as it dose you. When do the viewing tickets go on sale cos I can see a big queue forming lol

Mark

Glad it's coming along. I think were all excited about you finishing it as much as you are. We have all been reading the mirror thread with excitement and I think we all think it belongs to us as much as it dose you. When do the viewing tickets go on sale cos I can see a big queue forming lol

Mark

Cheers Mark,

There will be a lot of tweaking to do before then but rest assured I won't stop till its perfected.

I must find time to do an update.

Will have to talk to you about your new boiler the next time I see you Mark as mine is on its last legs!

Damian

Cheers Mark,

There will be a lot of tweaking to do before then but rest assured I won't stop till its perfected.

I must find time to do an update.

Will have to talk to you about your new boiler the next time I see you Mark as mine is on its last legs!

Damian

That's bad news about your boiler, there only supposed to last 10 years and we've had 14 out of ours so carnt complain

Mark

That's bad news about your boiler, there only supposed to last 10 years and we've had 14 out of ours so carnt complain

Mark

Just over 18 years Mark so I cannot complain. I've repaired it several times but this water leak is just uneconomical to repair with the amount of spares needed.

Never known SGL this quiet!

That's because I'm working full time hours this week, but I'm keeping an eye on goings on he he ;)

Matt - Soupy set up a separate thread for WADAS Events to post about meetings, events etc, don't know how to direct you to it, but I'm sure one of the chaps on here will advise how to find it unless you can find it yourself.

Damian and Mark - shhh about boilers, mine has been in 19 years this Christmas as it was the first job we did when we bought the house. It originally ran 5 radiators on 2 floors, but now does 8 on 3 floors after having loft and conservatory done. We were told it was capable of this, and it's doing a good job - touch wood, but I would never get another combi boiler!

Good news about your mirror Damian - the Mapstar Monster will soon start to come together! :)

Never known SGL this quiet!

Now look what you've done [emoji849] she's woken up.

That was the problem with ours. The value was cleaned and changed but would not work. We now have a Bosh condensing boiler. It's on an inside wall with the condensing pipe taped thought to the bathroom sink waste so no chance of it freezing up [emoji106]

Really looking forward to tomorrow and finally meeting you all. My house mate is coming along also who is new to Astronomy.

Is the meeting at Horbury academy tomorrow? - must remember the membership form :p Matt.

Look forward to finally meeting you Matt, and your house mate too!

Yes, the meeting is tomorrow at 7.30pm at Horbury Academy. When you sign in at reception they will point you in the right direction for the room, but there will more than likely be one of us knocking about reception anyway :)

Aha, that's the thread I was looking for too. I'm hoping to come down and join you for a session on a Saturday.​ I feel like I'm spying on you following this thread.

Unfortunately you are a bit too far and start a bit too early for me to come to your Thursday lectures.

Aha, that's the thread I was looking for too. I'm hoping to come down and join you for a session on a Saturday.​ I feel like I'm spying on you following this thread.

Unfortunately you are a bit too far and start a bit too early for me to come to your Thursday lectures.

Hi

No you are not spying and you will be more than welcome to join us

Pity you can't join us on Thursdays

Neil

Yeah, I'd love to come on Thursdays too, but currently work over in Ellesmere Port, don't get home until 6:30ish then need to put the kids to bed, then it'd be about 45 mins to get to you. So the earliest I can realistically get to a Thursday meeting is 8:30. Saturdays are much easier.

I'm a contractor, so won't be in Ellesmere Port for too long, maybe next year I can get something over in your direction :-)

I had a look at the celestron pro wedge just out of interest wondering why it was so expensive, watched a guy on YouTube unpacking it, and setting it up , it's a large, well engineered piece of kit so now I know.

I had a look at the celestron pro wedge just out of interest wondering why it was so expensive, watched a guy on YouTube unpacking it, and setting it up , it's a large, well engineered piece of kit so now I know.

Isn't it about 300 quid? That's alot of my beer money gone :)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Meeting tonight with Woozy Dewsy, doing her thing on astrobiology! Please feel free to come and join us. Starts at 7.30 Horbury Academy, followed by curry afterwards at Cinnamon Lounge, Horbury Bridge. Meeting free to all members Non members will be charged our normal fee of £3. (Curry not included ;) )

Great committee meeting tonight guys with the way forward set out for the upcoming society events.

Damian

Indeed Damian, great to sit down and get things sorted and planned! Excited about the next 6 months

Archived