SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

I've not even looked at the weather to be fair. It's not gonna be great so what's the point in looking?

Yeah Abigail nice name if you really wanna name awful weather just glad Kieran isn't having to sell all his astro gear to pay for stuff!

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They started naming them so that they could be tracked on social media more easily, ya know, #Abigail.

They're not even unusual or funny names, they'll be Storm Nigel and Storm Steve.

Storm names will be: Abigail, Barney, Clodagh, Desmond, Eva, Frank, Gertrude, Henry, Imogen, Jake, Katie, Lawrence, Mary, Nigel, Orla, Phil, Rhonda, Steve, Tegan, Vernon and Wendy (BBC)

I've not even looked at the weather to be fair. It's not gonna be great so what's the point in looking?

Yeah Abigail nice name if you really wanna name awful weather just glad Kieran isn't having to sell all his astro gear to pay for stuff!

Lol [emoji2] in fact I've been buying got myself a nice new quick setup as don't get much time to get out now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol [emoji2] in fact I've been buying got myself a nice new quick setup as don't get much time to get out now.

You should sell the rest then Kieran if you're not going to get to use it?

Indeed, I'll be asking for my sub's back if this is all the clear nights it buys us lol

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

You mean there supposed to supply the clear night [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

I have one Neil, I sometimes use it when polar aligning my EQ6 mount. It can also be useful if you're describing or showing people the night sky so you can actually point at the star/constellation that you're talking about.

They can be frowned upon at star parties and the like,  can obviously interfere with anybody imaging, and need to be handled safely so no-one is dazzled/blinded.

Mine was a cheap one acquired from a well known auction site.

Just about packed and ready for Kelling Heath.

Actually wish I was going tomorrow to be honest, but I've got that pesky thing called work to go to :(

In tidy piles ready to pack into the car on Friday lunch time and I'll be away!

Take care driving Damian aand Gain as you make your way in opposite directions up and down the country tomorrow.

See you Friday evening Gain! :)

post-39306-0-06055500-1447288375_thumb.j

post-39306-0-95029000-1447288404_thumb.j

post-39306-0-66338800-1447288444_thumb.j

Is that all your taking Vicky ha ha

The skies looked good all through the night and may have been one of only a handful of nights this year that it was worth getting the scope out.

Nearly all packed ready for the off. Be good to catch up with everyone up there.

Just about packed and ready for Kelling Heath.

Actually wish I was going tomorrow to be honest, but I've got that pesky thing called work to go to :(

In tidy piles ready to pack into the car on Friday lunch time and I'll be away!

Take care driving Damian aand Gain as you make your way in opposite directions up and down the country tomorrow.

See you Friday evening Gain! :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I think you have forgot something Vicky ! Yep there's no kitchen sink [emoji6]

Have a safe journey all of you and have fun and clear sky's

I think you have forgot something Vicky ! Yep there's no kitchen sink [emoji6]

Have a safe journey all of you and have fun and clear sky's

I need to pick up a case of beers yet Mark! ;)

Didn't realise how much stuff you need to take when you are not stopping at someone's home. Actually, the kitchen sink is in there somewhere, well, a plastic washing up bowl anyway......

Last night was a beautifully clear evening - didn't get chance to get outside though as I had too much to do to get ready for the weekend, which is a shame as it might have been the only clear evening we get!

Anyway, safe driving chaps and clear skies! :)

drive safely everyone and hope you all have fun putting your tents up in the gales  :shocked:

be careful, forecast is 45mph winds friday evening to saturday evening and a steady 30mph all day sunday. Although it is set to be clear friday night, so you may get some binocular time in.

Arrived today safely at just before 1pm to as warm a welcome as ever.

Plenty of help getting the tent up but must've picked the only ten minutes in the last three days it rained! Got a bit damp but after that the sun briefly made an appearance and dried everything.

A little bit breezy but looking good and the stars are out the milkyway making a stunning appearance.

Damian

Archived