Narrowband

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work Vicky...did you take multiple exposures for stacking?

Yeah, I am naughty - just can't help it he he ;)

Life's too short not to be a little bit naughty.

Apologies for the fog Damian - fortunately, the skies were clear as a bell at Winscar and the Milky Way was stunning.

The mist was all around us and it was playing havoc with my lenses, but the sky stopped clear until around 9.15pm, and by 9.30pm we decided to call it a night.

I was really just having a play, but I did take multiple exposures. Not enough for decent stacking and processing, and I didn't do any darks.

Wasn't meant to do M33, but I moved my set-up too far, lost M31 and ended up on M33 by chance. Didn't realise it wasn't M31 until about the 4th image lol - durr!

My laptop won't run any of the processing software for some reason, think it is old and tired (like me) lol, but I'm going to keep all my files until I get sorted.

Didn't take a RAW images though last night, as it is even struggling with them at the moment.

I'll have to see if I can get my laptop working right again before I can do any serious work, but all in good time :)

Well what more can I say that Vicky hasn't already said apart from thanks for a lovely night Vicky and I think the milkyway was so bright dew to the mist keeping the LP down. Will stack and proses my images asap. Thanks again

Mark

all my m32 frames are duds but never mind i get to do it all again

i was clearing my cards and did find these, NGC884 and NGC869, and a Perseid I did not realise I had captured

Love the double cluster Mark - great job, and a nice surprise for you after the disappointment of your M31 images.

But as you say, it is an excuse to get back out and have another go! :)

It's a bit late to be catching a perseid [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was in August when I was on holiday in Shropshire Kiera. I didn't even know I'd got one. The double cluster was using the small frac Vicky I new I'd taken it but forgot about it [emoji3]

Mark

Ventured out of the pub at 9.20 and noticed the moon through cloud. So rushed home, grabbed the camera with a telephoto lens and stole a few shots. No prizes for quality but you can see Aldebaran as a tiny dot almost touching the moon on the left side. Seconds later, Aldebaran vanished behind the Moon. Can you see it?

That is a cracking pic.

Matt.

Really looking forward to tomorrow and finally meeting you all. My house mate is coming along also who is new to Astronomy.

Very nearly bought the dob a couple of days ago until the boiler decided that it no longer fancied heating the radiators up but is perfectly content with giving me hot water - *hopefully* it'll be a small and inexpensive fix.

if we get a few clear nights I will have to get the ED80 & mount out and see if I can remember how it all works!

Is the meeting at Horbury academy tomorrow? - must remember the membership form :p

Matt.

Really looking forward to tomorrow and finally meeting you all. My house mate is coming along also who is new to Astronomy.

Very nearly bought the dob a couple of days ago until the boiler decided that it no longer fancied heating the radiators up but is perfectly content with giving me hot water - *hopefully* it'll be a small and inexpensive fix.

if we get a few clear nights I will have to get the ED80 & mount out and see if I can remember how it all works!

Is the meeting at Horbury academy tomorrow? - must remember the membership form :p

Matt.

Will see you there Matt I'm sure you and your friend will be made welcome by everyone

Mark

Very nearly bought the dob a couple of days ago until the boiler decided that it no longer fancied heating the radiators up but is perfectly content with giving me hot water - *hopefully* it'll be a small and inexpensive fix.

Is the meeting at Horbury academy tomorrow? - must remember the membership form :p

Matt.

I won't be at the meeting although the other members will make you more than Welcome.

The boiler sounds like the 3 way Valve is stuck or not moving over for some reason.

Damian

Archived