WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Nope. Unless anyone can precisely remember the gear in my signature then you'd be hard pressed to work it out.

I've sold my Atik 16IC-S Mono CCD and upgraded to an Atik 314L+ Mono CCD - higher resolution, more sensitivity and it's newer.

Not that there's been much opportunity to do any imaging!

Doh, I should have spotted that as you had the exact same Atik as I have got.

I am thinking of doing the same thing - that is, selling my Atik 16IC-S and upgrading to a better one, but was going to leave it this season as I haven't even managed to get started with my DSO imaging yet. Think I should perhaps get the gear I have out of the box and use it first lol :)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. Unless anyone can precisely remember the gear in my signature then you'd be hard pressed to work it out.

I've sold my Atik 16IC-S Mono CCD and upgraded to an Atik 314L+ Mono CCD - higher resolution, more sensitivity and it's newer.

Not that there's been much opportunity to do any imaging!

So are all these clouds your fault then? :p

No sign of the baby yet?

I went a few years ago Matt, really enjoyed it and the skies were not too bad, take a bike though makes it easier to get around!

How flat in the site on average? My sister is looking to book a family holiday there but my Dad has problems walking up inclines due to his heart, so that puts longleat and lake district one out of the question.

Matt.

How flat in the site on average? My sister is looking to book a family holiday there but my Dad has problems walking up inclines due to his heart, so that puts longleat and lake district one out of the question.

Matt.

I've been a few times Matt. If you look on a map of the park - the area to the east of the main central is on a  downward incline - not massively steep - other than that its fairly flat. When we went last time we phoned up and requested a specific lodge - costs a bit more though. I'm sure if you phoned up and spoke to them they would be able to discuss somewhere suitable.

I've been a few times Matt. If you look on a map of the park - the area to the east of the main central is on a  downward incline - not massively steep - other than that its fairly flat. When we went last time we phoned up and requested a specific lodge - costs a bit more though. I'm sure if you phoned up and spoke to them they would be able to discuss somewhere suitable.

Aye what Sam says ;)

Hopefully we will get clear skies tonight, ill rush home from work, im only just over 2 miles from Horbury school, home is 7 miles away in the wrong direction lol, grab some food, load car up with scope and the rest of the stuff, grab some pizza, dont forget to say hi to the kids and wife, jump in the car and try and make it all in good time lol

I cant help thinking that it would be easier for me to just stay at work later :)

See you all tonight

Would you guys say 100 quid for a celestron astromaster 130 is a good price, second hand of course on an CG-2 EQ mount?

I don't know

Adeles been baking to day and she's done a few for the AGM.

It's a thank you for all you best wishes and kind thoughts over the last few months aae63244cfe32153f85f59c1348a5497.jpg

Mark

Would you guys say 100 quid for a celestron astromaster 130 is a good price, second hand of course on an CG-2  EQ mount?

I would say that is quite expensive, especially if it on the non-driven EQ mount.

Apparently Screwfix have been selling that exact scope on the RA driven mount for £130 new, although it usually retails for about £180 ish.

It is the same scope that Leigh has currently lent one of my friend's husband to try out to see if he likes it.

We'll have a chat when I see you tonight, but I'd have thought you'd be able to pick one of those up second hand for around £80 ish :)

Hopefully we will get clear skies tonight, ill rush home from work, im only just over 2 miles from Horbury school, home is 7 miles away in the wrong direction lol, grab some food, load car up with scope and the rest of the stuff, grab some pizza, dont forget to say hi to the kids and wife, jump in the car and try and make it all in good time lol

I cant help thinking that it would be easier for me to just stay at work later :)

See you all tonight

I have just loaded the car up , fingers crossed!!

Eric

ps: Having Chip 'Sarnies' for tea

I would say that is quite expensive, especially if it on the non-driven EQ mount.

Apparently Screwfix have been selling that exact scope on the RA driven mount for £130 new, although it usually retails for about £180 ish.

It is the same scope that Leigh has currently lent one of my friend's husband to try out to see if he likes it.

We'll have a chat when I see you tonight, but I'd have thought you'd be able to pick one of those up second hand for around £80 ish :)

And Vicky should know seeing as she runs Gains scope Astro shop [emoji6]

Mark

Great meeting tonight with many members voted in to new positions and

the society itinerary set out for the coming months.

Welcome to the new members and I do hope you enjoyed the rather hit and miss viewing session. Was good to see new faces and the regulars but most of all our old friends the stars putting in an appearance.

Hope you got some more viewing in Adam and the red dot finder behaved itself. Fingers crossed the skies were kind to everyone when you all returned to Overton.

Enjoyed the pub and shame I had to leave due to wanting an early night.

Clear skies

Great meeting tonight with many members voted in to new positions and

the society itinerary set out for the coming months.

Welcome to the new members and I do hope you enjoyed the rather hit and miss viewing session. Was good to see new faces and the regulars but most of all our old friends the stars putting in an appearance.

Hope you got some more viewing in Adam and the red dot finder behaved itself. Fingers crossed the skies were kind to everyone when you all returned to Overton.

Enjoyed the pub and shame I had to leave due to wanting an early night.

Clear skies

The stars were good when we went back. Shame I've got work in the morning so couldn't stop too long. The orion nebula looked good tonight.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Archived