Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Duratool were the ones at the time. Identical to the ones I posted details of above. They were bought from CPC I think but sold on to us afterwards. CPC stopped doing them for a while. So I then went after second hand Peli Cases. But they are starting to become almost the same price as new ones now. 

The CPC cases are not as good as Peli, but very good never the less. A heck of a lot cheaper. For expensive gear I still recommend a Peli Case, but for lighter stuff or weights the CPC cases are really strong and sufficiently so as to not break. The real cost is in the foam. I reuse old packing foam as much as possible. (tight A%^$)  :) I am part Scottish you know!

Are you referring to my cheap battery  build by any chance  :evil:

Derek

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just me then

Mark

I've not seen the sun for what seems like an age now?

It seems to get dark at about 3 with all this cloud especially indoors!

Not really got very far been tinkering with the scope and ancillaries although it's still not finished due to the secondary problem.

Put together some dew control today which I will finish off tomorrow.

I've never seen so much cloud cover, when will it end and give us a clear night!

Well, it's another one of those days where it isn't going to get properly light all day.

Really hoping they don't change the forecast for tomorrow night as I'm looking forward to getting out and doing some viewing.

Anyone got any sun at all today?

So our autoCAD servers are down at work so nobody can get on it. I have so much to do but as I can't get on im just sat around doing nothing.

Did find this article about a black hole on the BBC though

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-35237863

Now, what to do until lunch...

Matt.

Hope your IT guys fix it :)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

It has just broken through here now, typical when I am just on my way out of the door to go to work.

Wonder if we'll get any clear skies this evening.

Thats it I think looking at the forecast, rain tonight so no clear skies. tomorrow morning looks like it will be wet, with a cloudy day, but then clearing in the evening.

i think we need to get a large 'shed' up at Dunford bridge, so we can have the AGM there then straight out onto the scopes and binoculars :)

Archived