Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, yes sorry Adam, I'm trying to learn my way around by star-hopping but don't know my Castor from my Regulus when tipsy....... hehe ;)

That's every night [emoji6]. I don't know them sober wish I had half Damian's knowledge in side my head I don't know how he dose it

Mark

Hmm, yes sorry Adam, I'm trying to learn my way around by star-hopping but don't know my Castor from my Regulus when tipsy....... hehe ;)

well turns out the reason why when i wanted it to look at andromeda the other night and it just went off on its own was because the location was not set up but now its sorted hopefully it should work, any way i am off to marlin to have a look at flight cases, i don't know to go for the one you got or go for the pack of 3 and buy foam from dun elm across the way for them all

Hi Adam regarding controlling a telescope with stellarium. I have been trying to do this for a while now and some things I have learned are.

you need to download and install a plugin in stellarium called stellarium scope

then go to telescope control on stellarium and configure it for your scope mount

tell stellarium to connect to your mount

make sure your mount is aligned

when connected click on target star and PRESS CONTROL 1

your scope should slew to the target object

one warning stellarium does not stop if your cables tangle or your tube clashes into the tripod so just be aware

I hope this is helpfull  

here is a link to the video I used

regards Martin

That's every night [emoji6]. I don't know them sober wish I had half Damian's knowledge in side my head I don't know how he dose it

Mark

I'm very rusty but can tell you what a nimbus or Cumulus constellation looks like!

Mark

I'm very rusty but can tell you what a nimbus or Cumulus constellation looks like!

Hi Adam regarding controlling a telescope with stellarium. I have been trying to do this for a while now and some things I have learned are.

you need to download and install a plugin in stellarium called stellarium scope

then go to telescope control on stellarium and configure it for your scope mount

tell stellarium to connect to your mount

make sure your mount is aligned

when connected click on target star and PRESS CONTROL 1

your scope should slew to the target object

one warning stellarium does not stop if your cables tangle or your tube clashes into the tripod so just be aware

I hope this is helpfull  

here is a link to the video I used

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUdYv311HFw

regards Martin

Cheers buddy thats loads of help!!!

It's the knowledge you have when the clouds clear I would like. its just cloud to me light, thick, black , white it's all the same it gets in the way and blocks out the light from the stars

I want this [emoji294]️[emoji93][emoji295]️[emoji92]and not this [emoji941][emoji297]️[emoji943][emoji939][emoji945][emoji944][emoji100] notice there are more cloud emoji then stars even they take the mick

Mark

Anyone had any experience of the Celestron X-Cel LX 9mm Eyepiece? Thinking of buyong a better wide angle lense...

Adam

I have a 9mm you could try if and when we get to meet at the next outdoor astro meet

Neil

Getting there with that post count. I'm tempted to see if I can download the entire thread and put a graph together of the top posters - because that's the kind of sad thing I enjoy doing on a rainy Saturday night...

I reckon Damian's in with a shout, with his double posting ;)

He always double posts :) I've been working today doing some freelance IT work, so that should help with maybe getting some more astro gear, or probably another handbag for the wife lol

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

He always double posts :) I've been working today doing some freelance IT work, so that should help with maybe getting some more astro gear, or probably another handbag for the wife lol

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Or one for ur self [emoji849]

Mark

All i want is one clear night to set up and take a load of pictures then i wouldnt mind the rubbish weather because you get to mess about with them but i cant even do that! So instead i just spend money on flight cases and books....got a crackin e-book today about DSLR astrophotography

YES!!! tellurium is finally hooked up and slewing every which way!! now all we need is a decent night to test it out......do people fancy doing a meet for next week for stargazing live? its either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday at pontefract Rosse Observatory and starts at 19:00 - 22:00. There are a few societies going according to their Facebook and says all are welcome and apparently there are events planned for each night? I'm definitely going but don't know how many nights going for if its going to be rubbish weather over the 3 nights i might just go to see it but if its clear I may go to all of them.

Be good if we could get together if its a clear night, and if you are all good i may even bring food with me lol

Archived