Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Pleased you got back out again Eric, although I hope you get your Wi-Fi issues sorted - must be very frustrating for you.

Hopefully Chris or Neil will be able to give you some tips and advice on that as they have the similar Evolution mounts.

Chris - hope you get your RDF sorted - it was weird that, just like it wasn't making any connection when adjusting as if the threads had gone. I'd definitely get in touch with FLO and see if they can offer a replacement RDF if that one does turn out to be faulty.

Matt - are you thinking of getting the 200P or something else?

Adam - hmm, sorry about leading you astray with your alignment last night. I'm blaming the beer for my stupidity of mistaking Regulus for Castor - oops! Make no wonder the scope didn't know where M42 was! Anyway, hopefully you'll have more success next time you are out with it.

Itching to get down to Winscar - please can we have a clear night soon!

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A fab meeting was had by all!

AGM>Astronomy>Hail>PUB>more Astronomy

Only thing missing was pork chops and curried bacon sarnies!

Great seeing everyone in good spirits!

I grabbed this image on our second visit!

Haha, had totally forgotten about the pork chops and bacon sarnies lol

Nice capture - you never fail to amaze me - when did you even set your camera up???

The sky looks really clear with Orion, Taurus and The Pleiades looking great! Is that the double cluster too? Well done :)

image.jpeg

A fab meeting was had by all!

AGM>Astronomy>Hail>PUB>more Astronomy

Only thing missing was pork chops and curried bacon sarnies!

Great seeing everyone in good spirits!

I grabbed this image on our second visit!

INCREDIBLE PICTURE!!!! you need to teach me the ways of the force!....probably has a curry involved lol a massive thank you to everyone for making me feel welcome and cant wait for more stargazing!! Even if i did go on a detour to sammies house (doh!) Looks like the skies might be clear for a little bit tonight so going to try and find a good spot near by

No objection from me, if we can help them out it might help us out in the long run too. What's the easiest way to arrange collection of deposit and then full amount from those that are going.

Was a very enjoyable evening last night and even managed to look through a telescope for the first time in a couple of years!

Matt.

I'm going to grab a receipt book and then people can pay me as and when. Best time to see me is at the meetings as I rarely miss them. As long as the deadlines are hit, you can pay in installments if you wish. I've set up a spreadsheet so I'm organised with it all before anyone starts handing over and money.

Vicky

Glad you enjoyed yourself Adam. You will find we are a friendly bunch of people we all enjoy the hobby and have fun with it.

Nice captures Paul and Gain really well done.

The weather doesn't seem to be able to make its mind up what it's going to do quite a bit of clear sky's at the moment but lots of cloud on the horizon that might blow in.

Mark

INCREDIBLE PICTURE!!!! you need to teach me the ways of the force!....probably has a curry involved lol a massive thank you to everyone for making me feel welcome and cant wait for more stargazing!! Even if i did go on a detour to sammies house (doh!) Looks like the skies might be clear for a little bit tonight so going to try and find a good spot near by

Hahaha that was funny. I thought you and Steve were coming round for a cup of tea!

You managed to find the EPs you lobbed in the boot during the hailstorm panic then lol?

How does the scope use wifi, and how does it work when your out in the field so to speak, like at the cricket club yesterday?

Matt.

Hi Matt/Chris, I have just downloaded the latest update to the skyportal system, knowing me its probably just a case of trial & error, I think I probably have been doing things the long way round, this afternoon I have messed around with it for 3 hours on & off in between other things and it stayed connected no problem, the mount and ipad connect between each other with no other input necessary ie: internet etc, everything survived the hail by the way, didn't know some of you were going back to the cricket club otherwise I would have joined you, but still as mentioned earlier I did manage a time in the back yard lol.

Eric

Glad Kevin, Pablo and Adam could join us.

Cloud has just come over so packed up for the night!

Here's to many more star filled evenings!

It was a very educational evening - it certainly educated me that I need to be better prepared and wear something warmer rather than coming straight from work...

Was good that so many braved the elements and the risk of more cloud to go out though :)

Kevin

I'm going to grab a receipt book and then people can pay me as and when. Best time to see me is at the meetings as I rarely miss them. As long as the deadlines are hit, you can pay in installments if you wish. I've set up a spreadsheet so I'm organised with it all before anyone starts handing over and money.

Vicky

Very organised, I'm impressed :p

Matt.

didn't know some of you were going back to the cricket club otherwise I would have joined you, but still as mentioned earlier I did manage a time in the back yard lol. Eric

Apologies Eric - the second trip back to the cricket club was an on the spot decision when we came out of the pub at 11pm and saw it was clear.

Does anyone have a report for weather at Winscar tonight, and is anyone else thinking of making a trip out, other than Adam?

I'm undecided what to do, as I was meant to be stopping in with the family, but don't want to miss out on a viewing session :)

Apologies Eric - the second trip back to the cricket club was an on the spot decision when we came out of the pub at 11pm and saw it was clear.

Does anyone have a report for weather at Winscar tonight, and is anyone else thinking of making a trip out, other than Adam?

I'm undecided what to do, as I was meant to be stopping in with the family, but don't want to miss out on a viewing session :)

Clear outside as it medium clouds until about 11-00 pm

Neil

I'm tempted to see if I can get a pass out tonight. I'll have to see where I go if I do though. Gutted that I can't go to France though, that's a busy weekend for us this year and it's the weekend my daughter gets back from brownie camp so I've got to go and pick her up

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Archived