Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woop woop! Cheers buddy i know that i need to get my hands on a collimator, hopefully my bits and pieces will turn up tomorrow and how much are the flight cases vicki? Might try to have a look for one. Just poked my head out the window and there was a brief break in the cloud but not for long

Woop woop! Cheers buddy i know that i need to get my hands on a collimator, hopefully my bits and pieces will turn up tomorrow and how much are the flight cases vicki? Might try to have a look for one. Just poked my head out the window and there was a brief break in the cloud but not for long

What scope have you got? was it a goto synscan one? sorry i couldnt find your last post where you posted it

The cloud arrived before Jupiter! Time for bed, but feel better now I've been outside for half an hour and seen some stars.

Spent 10 minutes just enjoying The Pleiades as it is beautiful in the 10x50s and I don't feel as though I've viewed them for ages.

Also spent a good few minutes on the double cluster and the surrounding area, which is rich with stars and clusters.

Can't beat a quick astro-fix ;)

The cloud arrived before Jupiter! Time for bed, but feel better now I've been outside for half an hour and seen some stars.

Spent 10 minutes just enjoying The Pleiades as it is beautiful in the 10x50s and I don't feel as though I've viewed them for ages.

Also spent a good few minutes on the double cluster and the surrounding area, which is rich with stars and clusters.

Can't beat a quick astro-fix ;)

Indeed you cant beat a quick fix, still clear here which is good :)

Should be easy to sort out Adam as there are plenty of us with newtonians.

I have a 130 myself but it's kinda special and hopefully I'll get to use it one day!

Just so happens your special 130 is your secondary ;)

The flight case I got is 460mm x 350mm x 160mm, reduced to £19.99 from £35.00 ish.

It is aluminium-clad and has a shoulder strap and lockable catches.

They had a few on offer, but this seemed the best size to suit my needs looking forward ;)

Still looking for a reasonably priced large flight case to house my NEQ6 mount head and counter weights etc.

They had a large one in the store, but I need to take some measurements with me as I'm not sure if it is big enough.

It's ok in the hard trolley case for now, but even that is starting to give a little under the weight and it'll need a proper fitted foam aluminium case in time :)

Thats the one! Also just saw a post on a science page saying that they are doing a live stream of the meteor shower later on

Yea, the quadrantis have a  very short peak, maybe only a few hours at most, but always worth watching the skies for them.

The flight case I got is 460mm x 350mm x 160mm, reduced to £19.99 from £35.00 ish.

They had a few on offer, but this seemed the best size to suit my needs looking forward ;)

Still looking for a reasonably priced large flight case to house my NEQ6 mount head and counter weights etc.

They had a large one in the store, but I need to take some measurements with me as I'm not sure if it is big enough.

It's ok in the hard trolley case for now, but even that is starting to give a little under the weight and it'll need a proper fitted foam aluminium case in time :)

Was it this one vicky?   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-Flight-Case-With-Foam-Interior-Secure-Luggage-And-Black-Plastic-Handle-/400721883314?hash=item5d4ce2b0b2:g:tDQAAOSw5VFWOLdy

Hi

Just had a quick peek outside it's clear as a bell ,quick look with bins

Pity I am back at work Monday as I have being of since Christmas Eve

Got a new RDF from RVO so will have to realign it

Neil

Hi

Just had a quick peek outside it's clear as a bell ,quick look with bins

Pity I am back at work Monday as I have being of since Christmas Eve

Got a new RDF from RVO so will have to realign it

Neil

Back for me too tomorrow, i should prob go to bed

Have a look at CPC Farnell. Order code SG33497. This is the type of case (without wheels) I used to house my EQ6 mount head. I had another similar case for the weights, but smaller. I bought a fairly hard foam and cut it to fit both cases. They are quite tough cases and I have several for equipment. Pelicase cases are better but far more expensive.

I house my GM1000HPS mount in a similar one.

Derek

Archived