NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astonishing Antennae.

ollypenrice

The Antennae. Very low, skimming the trees. 2 hours L and an hour per channel. I wasn't expecting miracles but when I processed the colour I just couldn't believe it. What an object! I had no idea that the colour would be so interesting.

Done with Yves and the 14 inch ODK/Mesu Mount200/SXVH36.

I'm guessing that the golden regions are what's left of the two original galactic bulges made of Population Two stars...

Olly

ANTENNAE%205HRS%20WEB-M.jpg

ANTENNAE%205HRS%20WEB%20CROP-X2.jpg

I can't say I've ever seen this galaxy look as beautiful as this... A stunning image, with some incredible details and colour!

(I'm sure that Samsung could use this in an advert of some kind, as obviously it's a galaxy, and there appears to be an "S" in the middle :smiley:!)

A stunner, Olly! Colour is wonderful. It's hard to believe this was imaged at low altitude!

Adrian

The resolution really surprised me. I thought the low elevation would scupper it, but no. This target was Yves' idea and I'd probably have passed it up - so well done that man.

Olly

Archived