NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi Everyone

Gwil

Just thought I'd say hello.

My name is Gwil and I live in Porth just north of Cardiff in South Wales UK.

Last month I bought a Celestron C8ngt from 365astromony which I'm trying to master, amazing views of Saturn and Jupiter seen so far and to my daughter when we get a little clearer skies I know they'll be jaw dropping.

Looking forward to taking it to the Brecon Beacons National Park with its now accredited dark sky status.

Happy hunting all

Gwil

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Gwil and welcome to SGL, taking your scope to the Brecon Beacons National Park should make quite a difference, especially if you are observing now where there is some light pollution, enjoy your new scope :)

John.

Hi Gwil and welcome to the forum. Observing under a dark sky is the one single thing that anyone can do to increase the effectiveness of their scope. I should imagine that the Brecon Beacons National Park will provide some terrific dark skies and wish you clear skies for your trip - you must let is know how you get on!

Clear skies for now and enjoy the forum

James

Archived