Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Who has got clear skies predicted for tonight ?

sanmatt

Anyone looking at having a good night?

Even better if you are somewhere central and maybe not much more than 90 mins from Oxford - cos I need to get out before I kill myself and eat my own weight in After Eight mints. Please!!!!!

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cloudy in Cardiff I'm affraid. The trouble with being a bank holiday weekend is that if it were clear say an hour or two's drive away, the predicted traffic jams would put me off and I dare say most campsites will be very busy.

North Oxon is showing clear late Saturday night and into Sunday morning. I'll believe it when I see it though!

Aye yeah I saw that on the Met office site for tomorrow too. Am desperate to get out tonight though!

Ps almost all gone now :hello2:

Anyone looking at having a good night?

Wall to wall grey overcast cloud, and it's a club night so Norwich Astro will be open at Seething - no stargazing here though.

Chris

BBC showing clear for about 6 hours from 10ish for me :hello2:

I'll believe it when I see it though - wall to wall cloud at the moment. I'll be set up at 8 just in case! :)

NEED to get a decent Saturn image before it disappears behind the house.

Ive just got a Cestron CG5 gt goto and power pack I NEED to try it, the waiting is killing me

Nice, I've been keeping an eye out for second hand one I can afford - no luck yet though!

Ive just got a Cestron CG5 gt goto and power pack I NEED to try it, the waiting is killing me

Have you been playing with it in the house yet? :hello2:

Forecast here is the same as everywhere else, it seems. Nearest predicted clear skies are late Saturday/early Sunday. After that we're back to cloud again. AND YET MORE RAIN!!!!

Not that I'm practically chewing my own arms off with the tedium of it all...

James

Welcome to the club :hello2:

Do try out the PA routine asap, you will wonder how you lived without it!

Its a wee bit noisy, but the goto is pretty accurate - even more so if you use the "precise goto" function.

Nice, I've been keeping an eye out for second hand one I can afford - no luck yet though!

Yeah mines 2nd hand, thank god, I so couldnt afford a new one!

Yeah been slewing to Pollox and everywhere inthe lounge James haha

Need to get out!!

Archived