Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Who has got clear skies predicted for tonight ?

sanmatt

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah so not great seeing but do-able still? And given how things have been lately, we'll grab whatever we're offered anyway

I have no idea, but if there are no clouds, I'm there! :hello2:

i'm not waiting till tonight, got my sun filter today and been cloud dodging for a couple of hours looking at that great big white spotty face [no i'm not looking in the mirror :)] hopefully get some moon/saturn action later as it's a bit cloudy but loads of gaps

Looking like it will be clear here 22.00+ so fingers crossed, just writing a list for tonight now. Sticking with doubles and planets because of the big ole moon.

Any recommendations on what to look at from our light polluted sw/w/nw only facing back garden would be gratefully accepted ;)

Saturn is getting good now, though we could not see it at all before midnight till a couple of weeks ago as our garden faces sw/w/nw only.

it can get really quite depressing cant it?

Too right.

I'd leant my CG-5 to a friend and have only just got it back. When the clouds clear then I'll be able to do some planetary with the 11HD and DSO with my triplet on the CG-5 at the same time. When the clouds clear. Haven't even seen Saturn this season ;).

Been under solid, slow moving cloud all day. I'll give it till 11pm, then sack the idea of going out again for yet another week. Sat24 doesnt give much cause for optimism either as there seems to be two layers of cloud moving in different directions so its hard to judge if a clear spot is headed your way.

edit: the forcast has also changed yet again for the millionth time in 24 hours ;)

Forecast this morning was for a cold and frosty night which means clear skies!

Looking up it is starting to clear, lots of sky appearing though it will be a while until its dark enough... Should finally be time to use the new EPs, filter and Barlow together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope - not here in Nottingham at any rate.

And the guys who said it was clear in Nottingham last night, Friday. Like where? I am in Radcliffe and I went to bed at midnight and clouded over horizon to horizon.... ;)

Might get her out to cool, on the off chance I get a break inthe clouds here

If youre setting up early, you might want to cover it up with a binbag or scope cover in case we get any rain, I dont trust these pesky clouds.

Archived