Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M63

peter shah

Ive been working on this one for a while now i started it last year and over the past couple of nights grabbed the main bulk of the frames bringing the Luminance just over 12 and a half hours just so i could tease out the extremely faint outer loop.....its been a difficult one to say the least and just eats up the frames

Thanks for looking

Peter

a0981.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fabulous image Peter. Huge amounts of detail, definately worht the effort. You must be glad you put the time in. Have to say she is a beautifull galaxy but a messy one as they go. Is there any theories on why she is a bit messy? recent interaction etc maybe?

Wow..Thanks everyone for your comments

Fabulous image Peter. Huge amounts of detail, definately worht the effort. You must be glad you put the time in. Have to say she is a beautifull galaxy but a messy one as they go. Is there any theories on why she is a bit messy? recent interaction etc maybe?

I know very little about this galaxy but you right the central disk is very neat but those faint outer areas look very messy, it would be interesting to find out why

Thank again everyone

An absolute stunner Peter, don't think I've spent 15 hours on ALL my images to date. Great job.

I never realized how much id done, just kept knocking out the frames and before I knew it....... it still needs more to bring down the noise, im sure this object could easily take another 16hrs without flinching

Archived