SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did you forget to bring inside?

Alkaid

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost left my 127 mak with Canon 550D stuck to the back of it over night. I kept meaning to bring it in, but was hoping for the sky to clear up then it'd be "back on". But it never did, and I forgotten all about it, came back down to bring it in though, and all was fine. :D

Not left stuff out all night but I have lost count the number of times I have put the scope out to cool down in cloudless skies for a passing shower to comeby without me realising.

As for small items they each have a place in their respective cases so nitice if something is missing when packing up for the night.

Got into quite a routine for pack down as it always tends to be in the early hours when thoughts of a warm bed distract the mind :D

Can't say I've ever left anything behind accidently after observing, but on a number of times I've dropped the tiny little screws that secure the slow motion control bendy things (not sure thats their technical name) to the mount whilst packing the scope away. They are murder to find in the grass, although somehow I've always managed to recover them!

James

Slightly different thing, but I always seem to leave my red dot finder switched on. Have left it on for days, admittedly on the lowest power setting and the battery still seems fine.

A healthy dose of OCD normally prevents me leaving anything outside :D

Stu

I have on occasion drop a lens cap of an EP and not been able to find it in the dark. I always managed the next day.

Regarding leaving dogs outside, friends of my parents had an Alaskan Malamute dog (like Husky but a bit bigger and stronger). They "left" it outside in the snow (tied to a tree) in their front garden. The neighbours suggested this was cruel, whereupon the owners invited them to drag the dog inside. They tried and the dog would not budge. It flatly refused to be dragged into the warm house. The snow was much to much fun :D.

my copy of turn left at orion on an almost nightly basis when i had just started. Now i use goto i have more expensive things to leave out....like laptops..******....2 weeks drying out before i dared switch it on again...it works ok now but the battery is pooped

The worst thing I've left in the garden was me. :D

I was waiting for an hours sub to come in the other night and fell asleep while watching the progress bar. Must have been asleep for 30 - 45 minutes, woke up just before the end of the sub!

The coffee cup had gone cold and frozen itself to the table... I was cold to the bone, called it a night after that!

Ant

Archived