SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pictures of your set up

Viv

Si Wi your weights are cool, have you considered the st80 as a guide scope? I have heard good things about it.

I did actually fancy the ST80, but i need the extra couple of centimetre's aperture .

The weights are cool aren't they :), there 10lb each, it's quite a heavy set up because there's glass at both ends of my Newtonian, i'm saving up for an NEQ6, the LXD75 is maxed out at the moment, any more weight could kill it :)

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... very nice set of alt-az mounts john been thinking about getting one from flo for awhile now .

The Skytee II is on loan from First Light Optics. The other 3 are mine.

Damn, I hate to think how many times more some of these scopes cost than my scope - let alone my car!

Alan what eyepieces you got? I spy green and black :)

sorry about the picture quality, think you may recognise a few of them

That's a nice little grab and go set up you've got mate :), not like the other weighty monster you own :)B).

Hey Si , had to get a better tripod head for it , the monster might

be moving on to somewhere new .

Hey Si , had to get a better tripod head for it , the monster might

be moving on to somewhere new .

Quite the opposite here Kris, I'm getting a new guide scope for the Newtonian, NEQ6 is also on the drawing board, I'm going to re-assemble the ETX90 as a grab and go come cloud dodger :).

Quite the opposite here Kris, I'm getting a new guide scope for the Newtonian, NEQ6 is also on the drawing board, I'm going to re-assemble the ETX90 as a grab and go come cloud dodger :).
Nice one , still got the goto mount that came with the ETX . :)

Nice one , still got the goto mount that came with the ETX . :)

Yes, i was gentle when i took it to bit's so should have no problem putting it back together,Was going to take it up to Heaton Park when it kicks off in October again.

Now I know you will all be green with envy. This is my set-up. It cost me an arm and a leg, however as it offers 575x magnification I couldn't turn it down. Wonderful tracking system, - if the wind is behind it it will move completely on it's own!

Joking, I only have a modest setup and don't have any photos!

post-20202-133877621219_thumb.jpg

Here's my new set-up!

Don't ask how but my wife and I (for fathers day!) managed to get the Meade 14" RCX on the pier/wedge.

Photos literally just taken and added to the thread. Clouds rolling in also so got it covered for tonight (and the next fortnight!) with the Telegizmos 365 cover.

post-19921-133877621222_thumb.jpg

post-19921-13387762123_thumb.jpg

post-19921-133877621234_thumb.jpg

post-19921-133877621239_thumb.jpg

post-19921-133877621245_thumb.jpg

post-19921-13387762125_thumb.jpg

post-19921-133877621255_thumb.jpg

Archived