Narrowband

Pictures of your set up

Viv

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its funny your setup is pretty much what I am aiming for down the line.

equinox 80, 7D, Baader Hyperion Zoom, skywatcher field flattener, WO diagonal all got.

NEQ6 ;)

I am very happy with each item on the list. They all had good comments on SGL and were the right spec. without being too expensive.

The 7D I just had to get as it fixed all my complaints I had with the 450D. Only issue, why go back to CF cards? I love machine gun mode.

Pics of both my setups. Have posted them elsewhere previously but wanted to join in this thread.

Sphinx mounted OMC200 and Giro mounted Astrotech 106 and WO66.

Aiming to have the Sphinx mounted on a pier, and preferably snug in an observatory sometime in the next 18 months.

Some fantastic kit on display in this thread, v envious :-)

Stu

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

post-19420-133877622331_thumb.jpg

post-19420-133877622335_thumb.jpg

why go back to CF cards? I love machine gun mode.

ALL Canon pro/semi pro bodies over the years have used compact flash cards. They are more robust and have faster read/write speeds.

I also love the "machine gun" mode, snapping Birds in flight at 8 frames a second is fun ;)

look at those counter weights mike ;)

I am now back down to three counter weights with the addition of an extended bar, but to be fair I have been running my EQ6 with 4 or five weights for over 6 years and can still image @ 1200mm for 30 min's plus with tight round stars, so the mount must be up to it.

Mike.

Well, I can't beat the setups already displayed here, but I do have ambition ;)

Not included in the picture attached is the EQ-1 mount and tripod, nor the rings, but the rest is in the case.

Thanks to John (jahmanson) for the advice on additional purchases. You'll see the baader skysurfer iii and 6.3mm plossl in the case, with a 32mm on backorder from FLO. Both the RDF and EP arrived this morning, so I'll let you know how they work out when I get clear skies next.

Great thread for inspiring jealousy :-)

post-25380-133877622433_thumb.jpg

Well, I can't beat the setups already displayed here, but I do have ambition ;)

Not included in the picture attached is the EQ-1 mount and tripod, nor the rings, but the rest is in the case.

Thanks to John (jahmanson) for the advice on additional purchases. You'll see the baader skysurfer iii and 6.3mm plossl in the case, with a 32mm on backorder from FLO. Both the RDF and EP arrived this morning, so I'll let you know how they work out when I get clear skies next.

Great thread for inspiring jealousy :-)

Thats a neat and portable outfit :D

Hope you get 1st light soon !

I shouldnt worry about it too much, You can see alll the Messiers with a 3 inch scope and that is my challenge I have set myself ;)

Green and black is a luxury not a nessesity :D

Quite right, and I don't. I am thrilled with what own and enjoy pushing the limits (not hard) of my gear. I feel better after leaving the thread and viewing with what I have:), just amazed at the equipment, and some of the excellent photos (still a little envious about the gear, though).

It is somewhat like low power ham radio (short/medium/long wave), doing the most with as little as possible.

Still I might get some green stencils/decals for my eyepieces......

The view helps too.

post-27350-133877622769_thumb.jpg

Is the "Rock" sticker standard Meade issue ?? :)

Wouldn't that be nice.

No, that is special aftermarket upgrade (?) I ordered. j/k

Actually, they are from decals (bumber stickers) I had from a local radio station; KISW, Seattle's best ROCK!:D They do late night blocks of Floyd and Zepplin that I frequently listen to while viewing.

Added them to both sides. Figured I wasn't going to be selling this unit., so I would personalize it. I think it really makes the scope.;)

Nice, bulldog. For some reason the HEQ5 looks quite dainty in your pic.

Thanks :hello2: I origanally bought the HEQ5 for my 200P, but dont really use that now

PA... I like the idea, that must make things rather difficult

mmmmm, is that blue sky i see in your picture , not seen that for a while, got any spare for us lot......:hello2:

I would to love send you some, but I understand there is some kind of tariff on non-EU produced goods, just not sure how to figure the surcharge on that.....

Hope things get better for you soon.

I have bought 2nd hand WO72 Megrez from SGL member (thank you Carole!) , mainly for AP, but when I have tried to attached it to my ordinary tripod, I have discovered that this set up would be great grab and go for a quick viewing sessions or great traveller.

IMG_91502.JPG

IMG_91511.JPG

Archived