SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pictures of your set up

Viv

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow that is an amazing looking Dob :hello2:

Thanks MjrTom. It works great and packs up nicely in to a large suitcase. Ive had it finished a year now and Ive not taken it to a dark site yet. so havnt seen its potential. but it works lovely in my garden.

just have the one scope currently but working on something larger.

this is my OOUK 6" f11 planetary dob sat on my home made equatorial platform.

great set-up allowing tracked, high magnifications to around 500x on double stars.

flocked tube, small secondary, 1/6pv HILUX optics and slow focal ratio make for sharp contrasty images of all objects. to my surprise it's also a good all round performer even in these rubbish light summer skies.

takes about 5 minutes max to completely set up and about half an hour / an hour to cool.

I don't think I'll ever part with this scope.

post-17776-133877624234_thumb.jpg

Thanks MjrTom. It works great and packs up nicely in to a large suitcase. Ive had it finished a year now and Ive not taken it to a dark site yet. so havnt seen its potential. but it works lovely in my garden.

I dont suppose you made a build log for this scope? would love to know how you achieved this. The ultra compact portable dobs on retail sale cost a small fortune!

Excellent mount on that Dob Moonshane, just noticed it was a tracking mount :hello2:

Nice home made equatorial platform there. Moonshane. Ive been thinking about making one for my dob for sometime. Did some research but never got round to it. To many projects going on right now. I like how compact that scope is. Very nice

Nice home made equatorial platform there. Moonshane. Ive been thinking about making one for my dob for sometime. Did some research but never got round to it. To many projects going on right now. I like how compact that scope is. Very nice

cheers! I did a thread on this so if you want details just ask.

it's relatively straight forward. probably a two weekend job to get it right (if you have all the bits at the start).

I'll be making another for my 16" in due course.

I dont suppose you made a build log for this scope? would love to know how you achieved this. The ultra compact portable dobs on retail sale cost a small fortune!

I am gonna try take some picture of the scope competely dismantled soon. For now all i can say is I bought a skywatcher 250pds stripped the the optics focuser and finder out and made the rest. thats the cheapest way i could get it together.

cheers! I did a thread on this so if you want details just ask.

it's relatively straight forward. probably a two weekend job to get it right (if you have all the bits at the start).

I'll be making another for my 16" in due course.

Would love to see that thread Moonshane. :hello2: Thanks

Here's mine in the garden last Sunday night.

It's Moonlighted SW 200p fitted with a SW Autofocusser and a Canon EOS 1000d. Piggybacked onto the scope rings is a WO ZS70 with a QHY5v guide as guider. The ZS70 is also equipped with a SW Autofocusser.

All mounted on an EQMODed NEQ6 and loads of leads!

post-19045-133877625664_thumb.jpg

Here's mine in the garden last Sunday night.

It's Moonlighted SW 200p fitted with a SW Autofocusser and a Canon EOS 1000d. Piggybacked onto the scope rings is a WO ZS70 with a QHY5v guide as guider. The ZS70 is also equipped with a SW Autofocusser.

All mounted on an EQMODed NEQ6 and loads of leads!

Blimey that garden looks rather field like :)

Blimey that garden looks rather field like :)

LOL.... was thinking the same. I get the impression there are some insanely rich people on SGL. I haven't 2 pennies to rub together so much so I have seriously been considering putting one of my kidneys in the for sale section. Any sensible offers considered :(

Blimey that garden looks rather field like

It would look like that - it's next to a field and was part of a field until a couple of years ago. :(

I get the impression there are some insanely rich people on SGL

Well - I'm not one of those :) - for proof look at the photo again and consider the ratio of pretty shrubs to telescopes. :)

Archived