Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Visual observing "vs" Imaging Poll. Which one are you ?

spaceboy

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about -

SCORES ON THE DOORS SO FAR:

VISUAL OBSERVER: 12

STRICTLY IMAGER: 2

BOTH: 8

WANNABE BOTH BUT CAN'T AFFORD IT YET!! 1

:)

:):D:D Sorry your going to have to join us in the VISUAL OBSERVER only until you have the cash to splash B)

I do only CCD imaging. Cannot really get any visual pleasure because of extreme light pollution.

I haven't looked through an eyepiece for 2 years.

When at a dark-ish site I do look through the binoculars while the scope takes the exposures. So maybe that makes me a bit of both.

Visual only for me.

My fascination with astronomy has always been actually seeing things with my own eyes.

I spend too much time at work staring at a screen so find looking through the eyepiece a welcome break.

Given time limitations, I know I would never be able to develop the skill level needed to produce the stunning images seen on this forum, so I just enjoy visual observing, and looking at the forum posts.

One temptation would be to use a Watec or similar to view live images of fainter objects which would otherwise not be visible visually.

Stu

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

visual for me as I can't afford imaging. Maybe if I win the lottery I would image but that would mean I would have to buy a ticket.

You and me both :) I'm always day dreaming about winning the lottery but forget the vital part of being in it to win it :)

Archived