Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Visual observing "vs" Imaging Poll. Which one are you ?

spaceboy

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, DRT said:

99% visual

2 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

100% red blooded Visual.

Mike

2 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

Visual only :)

2 hours ago, mdstuart said:

Visual only

I feel like I've let the side down :-(

Honestly guys, it was only once. I had had a few drinks and she tempted me. I'm still the same person - can you forgive me? :rolleyes2:

I am only visual observer.

My husband has started to try astrofotografy, as he is a hobby fotografer. We have tried to do it together with a telescope, but the results are not so good. So usually he uses just his photo equipment (fisheye or 400m tele).

Both.  I really enjoy visual observing more and have a permanent setup for imaging although restricted view means I can be imaging in about 2 minutes.  Visual observing means much more time needed to get out to my dark site and set up which was far from in abundance last year.  Hoping to get back in to it soon though (with a bit of luck those clouds will co-operate and go somewhere else...)

Video Astronomer... And almost exclusively. But in recent "less austere" times, I have been
assembling a modest DUAL Visual Setup on a Sky Tee. Sadly, hardly "Grab and Go", but...

I don't feel "enslaved" to either. But I do often wish I was able to enjoy a better climate! :p

Archived