Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello, and please be gentle with me

stargazerlily

After lurking around in the wings for ages and ages, I've finally gotten round to registering ... :(

Hello Everyone!!

A bit about me ... my real name is Pete and I'm slowly getting back in this hobby after a hiatus of almost a year or two. I'm currently interested in astro-photography. I've recently bought a web cam (a Philips 880 which I've subsequently flashed to 900) that I'm using to take photos, mainly of the moon to begin with ... see the example below. Once I get the hang of it I'll progress to planets and stuff.

I only have one scope, an older (blue body) Skywatcher 150PL with R+P focusing. It doesn't get used as much as I would like ... I'm a sort of casual star gazer.

I've recently bought a dual axis motor for the mount that I'm hoping to fit soon. Also got a SW auto focus but that does seem to work with the R+P focus for some reason (when connected, the motor doesn't have enough grunt to move the draw tube ... sorry ... slight diversion there ... back to introductions).

Hello everyone again, nice to meet you all.

Pete

post-24529-133877529624_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a very good effort and a warm welcome Pete, be careful not to have moon too bright near the limb. Mare Cricium at the image bottom it looks. If you can post a full resolution size you will be welcome in the Lunar imaging section I am sure.

JohnH.

Hi Pete and welcome to SGL :(

Nice moon pic! Also - My first scope was the same as yours and it's a great little scope. It really comes to life with a decent eyepiece. I found the Hyperion zoom turned it into a really good instrument - fully reccommended :)

Archived